Monday, November 2, 2009

DOING THE DISHES

Returning from an extended break in blogging. Had a couple of trips, some soul searching, and trying to decide what we are all doing for the holidays.

Months ago, actually  weeks ago I started this project. I literally have been doing these dishes all these weeks.

I got more Hagerty storage containers from Amazon.com.  And I’m washing all these sets of dishes in the dishwasher to ensure they are clean before packing them away.

My gold banded  China dinner plate for 12, 6 Biltmore gold dinner  plates, 6 Biltmore desert plates and matching ^ Biltmore Christmas salad plates.

100_0291

Set of  hand painted “Dine on the Bayou” for 12 by artist Susan Lumpkin of Charleston, SC.

100_0295

Some of the American Atelier Baroque set for 8.

100_0246

Set of China, Ireland by Nortake, for 10

 100_0296

a Christmas set for 12

 100_0297

 

100_0292

Took me forever to wash all these sets, get them bagged up and put away.

 

100_0303

Glad I did this, now dishes are all clean and ready to be used.

 

100_0304

The everyday dishes, not boxed up….

 100_0307

in the cabinet…. have been collecting these Portmerion Botanic Garden for over 7 years.

 100_0305

I must have really confused my husband by having all the sets of dishes hanging around for so long. The other night I served soup in a bowl and salad on salad dish. Only the little green leaf band was visible. My husband asked “New dishes?”  I was shocked and he insisted he had never seen them before. I think maybe it was the 2 martinis before the soup and salad!

12 comments:

Fran said...

Welcome back! I was beginning to get worried about you.

You have beautiful china! I certainly understand the need to put it away though. I am needing to put a lot of things away.

Fran

Sandra said...

I love your sets of lovely dishes!! So glad to see you back!! xoxoxo

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Did you ever connect with Vicki about the stocking you won?

If not, email me ASAP!!

Hallie :)

fenwaydog@roadrunner.com

Liz said...

Wow, don't forget all my china you now have! Wedding pictures are back up!

beth said...

Look at all those beautiful dishes! It's good to have you back! :)

Blue Creek Home said...

You have some gorgeous dinnerware.
What a job of washing and packing it all so neatly.
Glad you are back.
Rhonda

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Lovely dinnerware! What a treat to see your things and I love the storage part too. I think I would loose track of everything and then buy more.

Glad you are blogging again.

Ann

Tara said...

Glad to see you--the china is lovely--the SC china festive!

PINK POPPY said...

You have been missed much!!!!! WOW! seems like forever! wondering if you won you sweet chair!?!?!? missing all your crafty projects. Great fun to see all of your china.....so jealous of all your organization!!!! Hope all is well~have been following your daughter & son in law with a heavy heart....can NOT even imagine all that they have & will go through.....I hope that the days that their lives are somewhat normal will be here before they know it.

Susan B said...

Yea, Yea Yea!!!! I am SO SO glad you are back!! I just have enjoyed your blog and have missed you immensely!! Looks like you have been very busy lately with all that china.
Hope your family is doing well.
Best wishes from Mississippi

CRICKET said...

Inspirational! I am a plate girl so I am loving all yours!

Nishant said...

I certainly understand the need to put it away though


Work from home India