
Daughter & I are working on the OOT bags. She designed this monogram that can be used for so many things such as the welcome/thank you for coming letter, a tag to hang on the bag, or a sticker monogram.
There may be 25-30 rooms with OOT guests. There are so many great things out there. Difficult to choose and of course, depends on how much one wants to spend. I love the Palm Leaf shoulder bag below....on sale right now for $7.49 each...
Palm Leaf handle bag: $19.99...

Palm Leaf handle bag: $19.99...
Canvas tote bag: $5.49 ...
And of course, the paper bag: less than $1.00 ...
Then we need to fill them. Standard item: bottled water, from Sam's...

Muffins, individually wrapped in cellophane. I found an online source for cellophane bags, very cheap. We're getting the flats of muffins from Sam's....

Here is where it gets fun & expensive. I want to include a Mississippi item and a Louisiana item. The Mississippi Trailer Trash would be nice ...
or the Mississippi Mud Puppies...
Still looking for a Louisiana item.
Fruit would be nice...

Definitely need this, expect there will be a lot of partying ...

And of course, the paper bag: less than $1.00 ...
Then we need to fill them. Standard item: bottled water, from Sam's...
Muffins, individually wrapped in cellophane. I found an online source for cellophane bags, very cheap. We're getting the flats of muffins from Sam's....

Here is where it gets fun & expensive. I want to include a Mississippi item and a Louisiana item. The Mississippi Trailer Trash would be nice ...
or the Mississippi Mud Puppies...
Still looking for a Louisiana item.Fruit would be nice...

Definitely need this, expect there will be a lot of partying ...

Below is daughter's guest book for the reception. This was daughter's idea and so practical since her apartment has so many nautical touches. These can be used in her guest room after the wedding. Our wedding planner, Bobbi Rice, found an old pair and had them stripped and painted with a white paint that will take a Sharpie. Very fun!
Bobbi found an anchor cookie cutter and we'll have these at the reception with daughter's Koozies. Forgot to get a picture of them...they are on her blog. Navy blue of course. Cookie below is NOT the color our cookies will be. I don't think we have decided on the color yet.
So here is my rope, 20 feet from Lowes that I'm taking with me next week to Shreveport. We'll be meeting with Bobbi at the church. Need to determine how many feet of rope for each pew and how many pews we'll be putting these on. Bobbi is doing all the flowers. They are all in white and green.
My husband got home from West Palm Beach and saw this rope sitting on the kitchen table. He was either nervous or excited. When I explained what it was for, I think he was disappointed!!!
Bobbi found an anchor cookie cutter and we'll have these at the reception with daughter's Koozies. Forgot to get a picture of them...they are on her blog. Navy blue of course. Cookie below is NOT the color our cookies will be. I don't think we have decided on the color yet.
So here is my rope, 20 feet from Lowes that I'm taking with me next week to Shreveport. We'll be meeting with Bobbi at the church. Need to determine how many feet of rope for each pew and how many pews we'll be putting these on. Bobbi is doing all the flowers. They are all in white and green.My husband got home from West Palm Beach and saw this rope sitting on the kitchen table. He was either nervous or excited. When I explained what it was for, I think he was disappointed!!!

8 comments:
The comment on your husband and the rope (priceless). Thank you , I needed that laugh today. Hugs, Susie
The OOT bags sounds like they will be great! I love your daughter's idea for a guest book...so CUTE!!!
I love every one of these ideas! The oars guest book is the greatest thing I have ever seen! She'll love having those!
What about Zapp's potato chips and Barq's root beer? Zapp's makes a cajun variety.
I would love to be an oot guest at your party. The bags look cool.
Being a midwesterner though, I don't know what the trailer trash or the mud puppies are.....
Cena...great ideas...Zapp's and Barq's. We'll do.
So Tired...yes, ya'all are invited!!!
Ya need to get ya some mud puppies & trailer trash down here so ya'll know what living is really like!!!
What wonderful creative minds you and your daughter share! From the bags to the "guest book", you all have really put some thought into everything. I can't wait to see it all put together!
You hubby sounded a lot like mine over the robe....I guess all men think alike! ha
Have a fabulous week!
Jen
Ha ha! Your hubby... men. So silly. I love, love, love the guest book. How original! I grew up in GA but was married in Ky, so our bags included little bottles of Maker's Mark and pouches of Tylenol. Too funny!
Post a Comment