cutting back from winter freeze damage:
Between the 3 palms...
I cut off over 100 fronds. Each frond has to be cut into 3 segments to put in trash bags.
Onto my Asian Jasmine. 17 years ago I bought 3 little pots of Asian Jasmine. Thought I was being smart by taking cuttings from these 3 plants, and replanting in my multiple beds. What a nightmare I caused for myself. Asian Jasmine grows like crazy and has to be trimmed weekly from April til December. First, my angel was engulfed and the brick wall was covered. Below is the after picture. Angel can pray again and her little toes are showing.
Below is a before picture showing the Jasmine growing into the grass. Husband thinks one can take a weed eater or a machete and butchered it all away.
Nope, not if one wants this beautiful crisp line and separation between the grass and the Jasmine.
This can only be achieved one way that I know of.
My paths had about 2 inches of walk space before I cut the Jasmine.
8 comments:
Lamp Tramp needs a nap! You have made me tired! Your yard looks beautiful.
What a gorgeous yard. I worked in our yard for several hours Saturday. Raking is hard work!
It is alot of work, but it is so worth it. I love it when my yard is all finished and I can sit down and enjoy...Make sure that you take a moment (or an hour or two) to sit and listen to the birds...MISSY
Thats so funny ... I came to comment and saw that my sister just did(southern queen bee)... Your yard looks great. It's such a good feeling, Susie
Looks lovely. I'm the manager at this estate. My husband is the work horse. I come out and critique his work and then run back inside before he can get me!
Holy cow! You did it by hand?! Unreal. Well, the hard work payed off, because that is one gorgeous yard! Now, go sit in the finished part and have a cocktail. You deserve it!
OMG....your yard is beautiful! I am so jealous. I have so much yard work to do at my house...uggggg
I'm sore, too. Spent the weekend working on the yard and didn't make a dent!
Yours looks great--I'm envious!
Post a Comment