Tuesday, April 1, 2008

DECLUTTER PART III

Here is 40 years worth of photos. These mismatched albums have been in an upper cabinet in laundry room. Luckily, they didn't get wet. So I had the brainstorm to take all the photos out and store them in photo boxes. Photo boxes take up so much less space. I found these at Organize.com. I ordered way too many, I can fit 2 albums + in one box. They can be shoe boxes, too. So maybe my closet will be next.

Then I found these at Target online. They are the same boxes made by Storage Sense that I had bought at Hobby Lobby a while back. This stack of 5 was only $49.99 so they were actually cheaper through Target. Shipping was certainly less then what gas would have cost!


Storage Sense make beautiful boxes in many different colors & patterns.





9 comments:

Belle said...

Those boxes are beautiful! You inspired me a few posts ago to declutter, so I worked on my kitchen cabinets and pantry. I felt so good when I was finished, and now I want to spend all of my time in the kitchen! Next...my closet. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I may try my hand at selling on my blog. Im glad that you like my sweet tassels. I love making them. I wish that you would pop on over to my house and get all of my pictures in order. They are just a mess. Take care my southern friend, Susie

Preppy Lizard said...

I love those boxes. I need to find a reason to get some for myself. You sure are super organized...I am jealous!

Far From Perfect said...

While my husband is gone-one project is photo's. I will take a picture & show you the mess on my bedroom floor. I love the boxes,need to fill some albums first. Oh,thought about not having the dinner party- these are great friends who don't expect too much and the company will be nice.

The Mrs. said...

I'm glad you posted about this. I have been thinking I need to do an album overhaul as well. Is storing them in boxes the best way to preserve them? Rather than albums? You have inspired me to do a closet clean out! I'll post about it soon!

Lamp Tramp said...

The photo boxes are supposed to be moisture-proof. My husband burst my bubble as I was showing him this great project I'm working on. His only reply was "the pictures will stick together because of our high humidity". Thanks, hubby. No: "way to go clearing out stuff and being organized". Guess that's cuz he is a true hoarder and hates it when I dispose of things. Regardless, I'll do what I want...hehe! Is this the best way to store pictures? I truly do not know. Ask me in 20 years!!!

Kim said...

So pretty. Pictures--I have to get on that. What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boxes! I love black and white together.

RN and OSHP said...

Love the black and white boxes!! Makes everything look so pretty, not just neat!!