Hot glued on some beads...
My best mistreatment trick....straight pins....these helped to hold the sides up. they can be easily adjusted to control length of balloon treatment.
So there they hung for a couple of years. Since I've been painting every room this summer, I'm switching and recycling window treatments. Took apart one of the balloon treatments, let it hang for a quick shower treatment. Problem is, what do I do with matching balloon puffy thing?
Son's old room now has the gold silk dupioni curtains from dining room. Many more mistreatment's needed here at this house. Making myself finish all the painting before I start more window treatments.Check out the redone bath here: http://fabulousfluffstuff.blogspot.com/2008/08/im-still-here.html#links
27 comments:
It looks great! It is such a pretty room. Your easy curtain decorations will definitely be filed away for my next "mistreatment!" The Some of my favorite rooms are the ones where I recycled curtains.
I don't have any suggestions for the link except to try and completely rework your list. I wouldn't think wordpress would be a problem, as I have seen others have links to various blog servers. Blogger can be fickled at times. Hopefully it'll work itself out.
Have a great week,
Jen
Morning Lamp Tramp - Your bedroom looks wonderful. Very nice mistreatments - can't believe you have dupioni silk LINING! I would so have that as a treatment! :) Nancy
OH my gosh there are like 4 of you all in a row that have done amazing mistreatment work!!
LOVE it!
great job!
and your bathroom looks amazing
Love these!
Will you come to my house & redo some rooms???
Found you thru Nester.
Totally loving the blog.
LOVE IT!!! I too have used sheets, bedspreads, and even towels for windows- its soooo much fun! love the black too!! one of my favorite colors!
Those are so pretty! I am constantly recycling curtains since I can't stop re-arranging my rooms. :)
Can I just say, I really like your blog title! I understand the whole painting thing. I have 3 rooms to paint as soon as it's cool enough. HaHa. Thanks for your comment!
I really like your window mistreatments. I need some ideas for my bedroom. Thanks for the inspiration.
Love it! And I LOVE the name of your blog- so sassy. :)
Sheets are so versatile!
~ Sarah
Love it! What a luxurious, elegant room. I especially like the beading that you embellished with. :O)
Those look amazing. Great job, and I love the fabric.
That looks so good. Great job with your 'mistreatment'!!!
All of it looks so great!!!
PS Love your blue chest too!
Great ideas! So pretty. Thanks for stopping by!
What a cute treatment! Havne't been by to see you in awhile, I'll have to go back & catch up. Come see me again sometime!
Rhoda
I love that bedroom and the window treatments go perfectly! Great work!
Such a beautiful fabric. I love anything with a black background. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back when I have more time.
They look great, what a beautiful room. Love the shower curtain to, I really need to redo mine.
Very Pretty! I love using sheets.
is it possible to love someone as soon as you read their blog name?
love you.
you had me at lamp tramp.
Love the mistreatments! And the new chest and yummy lamps. It's great to hear from you....I'm having to get used to the itty bitty paycheck, but it's more than I have made in the past 2 years! ha ha! Would you believe that I don't get a discount on her daycare? BUT, it's pretty cheap to begin with, so I'm not complaining. I think that hubby is going to pay it anyway, so more $$ for me! Yea!!!!!
Not only mistreatments but you are recycling what you already have. Now that is clever. Your remodel looks like it is coming along and going to be gorgeous. Love what you did in the bathroom.
These are great! Thanks for your encouragement on mine.
Gorgeous, really gorgeous!! You have a beautiful home, and I relate to your short cut approach...who has the time for perfection??!!
Linda
They look great! Thanks for stopping by to see my mistreatments too.
Post a Comment