One Fabulous Mom is hosting Wedding Week and I've been tagged to show my reception pictures. Unfortunately, or maybe it is fortunate to spare ya'll from looking at 31 year old pictures, my wedding album flooded in Katrina. It was the only picture album, because of it's unusual size, that was sitting on a low shelf in my closet. All other pictures were in overhead cabinets.
Our reception was held in Buzzards Bay along the Cape Cod Canal. The restaurant owner's were close friends and the sit down meal consisted of spring salad, filet, individual pommes duchesse gratin, and asparagus. Bridesmaids were in pink and green, groom and groomsmen in grey tuxes.
We had dancing after dinner. I remember being absolutely exhausted, mouth and face paralyzed from smiling for pictures, and trying to talk with everyone. But all went smooth and it was a wonderful day. We did the old tradition of changing clothes and leaving the reception first. I think we left around 10:00 PM... it was such a good feeling to have it all behind.
6 comments:
I am so sorry about your pictures. Thanks for sharing this exciting time with us. It sounded wonderful!
Fran
I'm sorry your pictures were lost. Your reception sounds like it was beautiful!
I'm so sorry the pictures were lost! I'm new to your blog and I will say, you're so inspiring! I'm loving reading about your renovations, family and adventures! The wedding sounds like it was beautiful and thankfully you have 31 years of memories that didn't get ruined!
I am so sorry that your pictures were lost. The memories sound wonderful and I know you'll have many more to share. Your reception sounds beautiful and I can imagine the colors you used. Have a great weekend,
Jen
I've missed you! I'm glad you got some things done, though. ;)
I'm so sorry about your pictures. I would love to have seen them. I'm sure they were beautiful!
Have a great day!
~Belle
I feel so bad! I should have thought about this before I tagged you! I am so sorry. I loved hearing about it though!
Post a Comment