Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'M STILL HERE

Update: here's a pre-Katrina photo of below bath. Still trying to find other pictures. All the hardware in our home, which we had built in 1991, was shiny brass. I've changed everything to Venetian Bronze. The sink tops were all cultured marble, now I have granite.
I apologize for not posting in such a long time. I have been on a roll, redoing some of the many things in my home that were screw ups from bad subcontractors in my Katrina nightmare. I took me these 3 years to be able to face these problems! My husband wanted me to hire a new painter to sand and paint. I couldn't bear to have people here, making a worse mess. By doing it myself, the sheet rock dust was all controlled. I'm sore but happy.

I've been sanding and painting for 3 weeks now! Have not spent any time in blog land...tried to stay focused with the tasks that I vowed to accomplish. Only 3 more rooms to go!

I had to give up my laptop (long story), now I have only my desktop. A lot of my pictures were supposed to be stored on an external hard drive. I can view them but I can't publish them to Blogger. I wanted to show son's bathroom before the new paint. Sorry, can't figure out how to do that. Anyway, it was dark red. Before Katrina it was a beautiful glazed red, after Katrina it was just a dark, drab, dull red. So below is bath in Interactive Cream, the color I've used in 4 rooms now. I love it!
New shower curtain was a balloon curtain in son's room. Since switching lots of things around
I reused one of those curtains here.








4 comments:

Karin said...

You know, I love that paint color! I thinks it's one of the few colors I haven't tried. It seems neutral without appearing to be boring, just what I am after!. I am battling the shiny brass hardware and cultured marble tops in my house, too. Yuck.

What granite did you go with for your son's bathroom? I have a piece of granit called Taupe that Im thinking about using, but I don't want to go too light. Love your choice.

Karin said...

Oh, thank you for offering to look up the granite name, but please don't trouble yourself. If it's a small left over, I will probably never find the same granite in a piece small enough for the powder room.

I just clicked on your DDs blog- sure brings back memories. We were stationed at Barksdale for about 8 years beginning as newlyweds. My husband was a B52 navigator out of the same squadron that recently lost a plane. Being at Barksdale was how he ended up going to medical school at LSUHSC, even though we are from Texas He is considering an offer to go back to Barksdale and open a radiology clinic on base when he comes back from Iraq. Hmm. In some ways, I miss Shreveport. In other ways, I don't.

It's so nice that your daughter is that close to you. Can they xfer to Biloxi? We're considering that as well. I used to love Ocean Sprigs pre- Katrina. Im not sure if there are alot of moonlighting opportunities for my husbands though. He might have to drive in to New Orleans.

Anyway, thanks so much for your sweet comments!!

Screaming Meme said...

Nice! I like it! Screaming Meme

Cathy said...

You've done a fabulous job! The bath looks great.

Cathy