Thursday, August 21, 2008

One more room repainted

This room has been one of those everything rooms: desktop, elliptical, TV, sofa...the sofa hubby or I stretch out on to watch TV in the night when we can't sleep. Close the door and the TV doesn't wake up the lucky sleeping spouse. Banished the elliptical to the garage, couldn't dust around it. Plus we can sweat that much more riding it in garage! Ha....garage is likely 100 degrees.The room color is not true...way too dark....something funny with my flash and I'm too lazy to fix the picture. Had to keep desktop and all the mesy cords.




Below is better color of walls. Enjoying the light coming in.




My file cabinet....threw some Parakeet Green on it...




Valances were Pre-Katrina and high enough that they didn't flood. But sofa & rug are new and they really don't look right with treatments. Not putting them back up.

They are silk dupioni, definitely a mistreatment with straight pins still in it. I think I want something different. Don't want the room to be too dark. Actually enjoying not having any treatments up. Don't worry, I'll change my mind one day and do something different.



Door to keep the late night TV noise out. Screaming Meme....will you come and put that beautiful black paint and gold swirls on my armoire like you did for someone else? I'm so jealous!




I want to slip this sofa. I'm growing tired of it after 2 1/2 years. Told you I'm so fickle.
Plus seeing things in pictures makes me see things that I don't normally see....way too much red going on.









14 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Looks great! I love watching everything come together!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I love this cozy little room. Love the wall color...love the green file cabinet. Thank you for your kind comment on my sheer white bedroom panels.

Feel free to take a look at the new photos I just posted of my daughter's walls we're stenciling with a huge french damask design. Tons of fun. : ) M.L. @ http://thehouseofwhimsy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We must be two peas in a pod. I took my drapes down when I painted my den... It's still naked. Im enjoying the light! Take care~

Anonymous said...

I love it! All of the variety of color is fabulous! Your file cabinet is great! I adore lots of light in a room, it just makes it all come alive!

Have a great weekend,
Jen

duchess said...

I just stumbled upon your blog & absolutely LOVE IT!!
I'll definitely be back.

One question - is this room painted the same color as the foyer? It's a great color.

Anonymous said...

It looks so good. I really like the color. Slip covering would be fun, then you could have at least two differnt looks~

Beautiful work!

Have a wonderful weekend~

Twice as Nice said...

Love your room and I think that rug is gorgeous. I haven't read all your blog but it sound like you live in Katrina land. Glad to see you got through it. The rest of us can only imagine how bad it was. It was and some parts still seem to be awful.

Leslie said...

Looks great, love the parakeet green splash of color! I am fickle too, I am never happy! ;)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thanks for taking a peek at Sara's room. Sara is 19...sigh. I'm so glad she is still at home while attending College!

I posted another silly thing about: how to store a million purses. : )

M.L. @ http://thehouseofwhimsy.blogspot.com

Preppy Lizard said...

Love the room! It looks so inviting. Your green cabinet is too cute. If I lived closer I woulc come over and steal it!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I love the red couch, but after all it is the same color scheme as my bedroom.
Shhh, I haven't told anyone yet, but
I'm getting ready for my Parisian give away soon.
I've posted a note of appreciation to you gals, who have visited my blog.Come by and take a peek.
Have a*Sweet* Day!
Sara

Free Art Printables said...

I love the colors in your room and that green chest is amazing! It's got just the right shade of green!
Love you wall colors too. Jen r

Far From Perfect said...

I always LOVE your pictures.Youe home is so beautiful..come to Nebraska & help me with our bedroom.

Screaming Meme said...

Awesome room! I'm on way! I'm going to be teaching the class soon...It's easy and cheap! I wanted to stop in and let you know I posted another class...If you could spread the word I'd appreciate! Thanks! Meme