Monday, January 12, 2009

Declutter party


Thrifty Decor Chick is hosting a great declutter party today. Thank you Sarah, for keeping me on task. It seems I'm decluttering ervery few months then new clutter appears. So it is a never ending job here.

Back in April I purchased these 8 photo boxes from Organize. com. Took me a while, but I finally got rid of all the different size photo albums. So this cabinet in my laundry room went from looking like this...


to this. I only needed 3 photo boxes for all those albums so then I had shelf space for other boxes to store batteries, brushes, light bulbs, cell phone & camera junk, plus other stuff that needed to be out of sight. I'm actually missing 1 of my 8 photo boxes. I've no clue where it went. I must need to do A LOT more organzing!



You can see my other declutter projects here.




24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love how you have it all organized and pretty too!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ohhhh it's PRETTY!!! YAY for pretty organizing! I love it, thanks for sharing it.

BECKY said...

Absolutely lovely! I want to make the transition to pretty boxes but I love the convenience of baskets or bins you can just grab out of.

I think aesthetically I'd be much happier with the beauty of decorated boxes. All your spaces look wonderful!!
Thanks for sharing!
Becky

Fran said...

I love those boxes! It must feel good to get all those pictures in one place. Maybe one day I will experience it........hahahahaha.

Good job!

Fran

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Those boxes are cute! Doesn't it make your cabinet look good?!

TidyMom said...

ok, now I'm DEFINATELY on a mission for pretty boxes to organize with this year!!

Love all your pretty box projects!!

~Tidymom

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

I love those boxes - I love it when something is organized and pretty!

Beth at Aunties said...

Not only are they organized they look so pretty to look at. I love the black and white!

If you get a chance today, could you pay the MUSE a visit and congratulate her on her 100th post. If she achieves 200 comments by Tuesday morning... 1000.00 dollars will be donated to the American Cancer Society! Lets help her out:)

Again it looks wonderful and makes me want get in and organize.

Beth at Aunties said...

I am sorry her blog address is on my blog:)

Amy said...

Nice job! I'm enjoying your sense of accomplishment vicariously!

The Muse said...

First...thank you thank you AND thank you for supporting our Cancer Comment Count Donation..I loved hearing from you and we are now closer to the goal!

Second...LOL I love the name of your blog! LOL LOL

Third...go girl go with any and all types of organization!

Brittany said...

Wow! What a beautiful cabinet!

jennifer said...

so pretty! i'm a sucker for pretty boxes

Girly Stuff said...

The boxes look great! I am forever glad I dodged the scrapbooking bug. It bit but it didn't take. Where would I have stored all those gigantic books?

I love your house.

Tara said...

Love how you declutter and "decorated" all at once!

Liz said...

How cute! Gotta get me some of those boxes. It looks like we may have very similar cupboards. :) Thanks!!

~Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,
That cabinet looks great! Wish the inside of mine looked like that!

CMB said...

I used to think I was organized until I saw this! I have wire baskets in my laundry room cabinet, I would love to do the boxes but the "boys" in my house can barely get things back into the basket, there is no way they would actually remove a lid! I will just look and dream!

Nancy Rosalina said...

OOOh, it looks so pretty and organized! Great job and very inspiring! Blessings, Nancy

The Golf Widow said...

Oh, I need some!What a change!

Terry said...

I am so going shopping and getting boxes to organize my bathroom cupboards this weekend! Thanks for all the great before and after pictures!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

What a refreshing improvement that's got to be. Do you find yourself just staring in that closet now, admiring how sharp it looks? I know I would--I love it!
Katie

Linda Merrill said...

Congratulations Lamp Tramp! You won the blown glass lamp by Tracy Glover over on my blog! So, please let me know your address so Tracy can send you your prize!

Congrats!

Linda

nomo wino daph said...

This get's me excited!!
Wow....isn't that sad, ORGANIZING makes me giddy! lol
Hope your doing well and having a FAB New Year!! I fell off the earth for a it BUT I am back:)
Much Love!