Sunday, January 4, 2009

Whew!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

My inspiration for a beautiful NEW YEAR ....a gift from one of my New Year's Day guests that joined us for dinner....beautiful pink tulips....how SPRING INSPIRATIONAL!!!!
and what a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year it was. Today, January 4th I finished taking down all my WAY too many, WAY too much decorations. My husband made it all special with this wonderful comment: "You fulfill all our hopes and expectations for a wonderful Christmas in so many ways. You give us peace, happiness, and joy and you make everything so special!"
WOW, so that's why I do all this!
Son and his dog have been here since the 12 of December. Daughter & SIL arrived on the 23 with their dog. We had the best Christmas ever. Our family is so blessed....we all love each other with strength and conviction. I would love to post family PICS but not sure the kids & hubby would approve!
I served too many sit-down in the dining room meals...love it but I'm whipped.
But I'm ready for tomorrow.....that starts my first day in 3 weeks to have my own space to myself..... since hubby has been home rehabbing his leg and knee, we've had to drive MIL everywhere, and kids + dogs have been here!
I've got some serious design projects keeping me awake at night....hope to fulfill these dreams!
I'm looking forward to bloggy catchup,
XOXO!

15 comments:

Belle said...

I have something for you. Be back later to talk. Missed you!!!
~Belle

Sandra said...

So glad you are back!! Thanks for the comment on my post. You are right - those of us who don't live in the wake of Katrina have absol NO idea. You should post about it. The rest of us just don't realize that just because the news isn't reporting it doesn't mean it is over. Can't wait to hear and see about all your projects!!! :-) Happy New Year! xoxo

Girly Stuff said...

Glad you are back! Sounds like a nice Christmas. I want Southern Accents instead! Switch with me!

Can't wait to see your projects!

Girly Stuff said...

Sorry about previous comment. Another S. Susan said she was getting Southern Accents in place of Cottage Living. I got confused!

So are you saying I should have 3 TV trays in my gameroom?

Landlocked Mermaid said...

OOOH soo happy you are back and that you had such a great time. I just knew you'd be busy with the family. Is your son still dating that darling girl?? The tulips are divine! happy new year sweetie! xo

Landlocked Mermaid said...

OOOH soo happy you are back and that you had such a great time. I just knew you'd be busy with the family. Is your son still dating that darling girl?? The tulips are divine! happy new year sweetie! xo

Brittany said...

So glad you are back. I recently discovered your blog over the holidays and was instantly hooked! I was laid up in bed w/ a nasty stomach bug and I think I read almost everyone of your posts!

Anonymous said...

t wait to see what you will be up too~

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Welcome back...I adore tulips.

Belle said...

"You fulfill all our hopes and expectations for a wonderful Christmas in so many ways. You give us peace, happiness, and joy and you make everything so special!"

That makes it all worth it. What a great guy. Your tulips are beautiful! Everyone left me this morning...went back to work and school. I miss them so much already but also enjoying some quiet. It's been a while! So glad you're back!
~Belle

southerninspiration said...

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. What a nice holiday, but glad to have my space quiet for a little while.
And that hubby of yours! How sweet for him to say how much he appreciates all that you do/did for your home!
Glad you're back and I also look forward to seeing your projects!!
Suzanne

CMB said...

Glad you are back...love the tulips, one of my favorites! Hope you are enjoying your first day alone...I know I am!

Happy New Year!

Free Art Printables said...

Happy new year to you too!!!

Free Art Printables said...

Happy new year to you too!!!

Princess Freckles said...

I'm so glad to hear you and your fam had a wonderful couple weeks together! I have yet to take my decorations down. I've been so busy with the wedding. Thanks for your sweet comments about the dress I found! You are just too cool! I'm so glad to be able to read your blog!