I love the colors turquoise and aqua. Must tell you about these exciting blogs.
Erin at House of Turquoise is so inspiring. Her blogs just won the TEN BEST PICKS to CLICK from the Washington Post. She also does blogs for other colors.
Her shopping blog Everything Turquoise is a great source if you are looking for a specific item. Check out all her beautiful color blogs for a mega dose of inspiration!
SOUTHERN LIVING's January issue has this lovely article about slipcovers....in turquoise colors, so now I'm really fired up.
I want to sit in this room, it's so inviting...
How lovely!This is my DINE ON THE BAYOU hand painted dinnerware for 12 by artist Susan Lumpkin. It's so perfect for my home as we look out at Rotten Bayou. Bayous are full of egrets ...
and alligators. I hear them bellowing in the Spring every day.

Serving pieces and pot holders in turquoise....
My Christmas platter "DINE ON THE BAYOU" style...
and alligators. I hear them bellowing in the Spring every day.
Serving pieces and pot holders in turquoise....
My Christmas platter "DINE ON THE BAYOU" style...












29 comments:
Love it all! Blogging is a dangerous thing for my budget when I keep seeing all these great ideas I want to incorporate!
I agree with coco...I love it all! It is one of my faves...I even painted part of my piano with turquoise!
I love those plates!!!!!
Great post! I'm hooked on turquoise, too. I went kind of crazy with it last summer in my kitchen and family room. A friend gently suggested that perhaps I had gone a little overboard... Ha.
Thanks for joining my blog party and playing along! :-)
Brown and turquoise do so well together, you have some beautiful photos in your post today and really inspiring!
Everything is gorgeous! Great post- you have inspired me, Lamp Tramp :)
Sandi, thanks for the shout-out! I love the turquoise tour! :)
I recognize some of the stuff I see in your home from my shopping blog. Haha. LOVE that chest. I have been drooling over it forever!
You have such a beautiful home and inspiring blog! :)
When I think of turquoise I do not think of using it in my home..Until now..You have made it beautiful! I love all your wonderful ideas.
Your things are so gorgeous. The turquoise is lovely!!
I love how you've incorporated it into your home. I wish I could do that because it looks so rich. I'm not that brave. With my girls' room, SUPER BRAVE!! With the rest of my house, not so much.
Love your table setting! And I love that hand painted piece too!
Love that horchow chest! And of course, your draperies!!! Do you make them all yourself?
Turquoise is slipping into places of my home I never thought of:-)
I enjoyed all the beautiful pictures. My daughters new craft room is filled with beautiful turquoise! Like the chest she made over. Her room is fabulous!
Thanks for the inspiring ideas.
Love the pictures. Yes. it's avery wonderful color. And I think your right my hubby would rather have the appliques on the furniture.
Oh man, I've got GOOSEBUMPS! I just love your decor. I sell to a certain Big Box store (that shall remain unamed) and the buyer just doesn't dare to buy turquoise because it doesn't have mass appeal.....but I just sooooo love turquoise! Thanks for giving me my turquoise fix:)
Oh, where do I begin...I love everything! So pretty. I love turquoise too, and your post makes me want to shop for something in this Heavenly shade. Your dinnerware and tablescapes are stunning, and those Southern Living slipcovers have your name on them...they would be great in your home. :-)
I'm hooked on slipcovers especially if they have dressmaker details! All those pics were gorgeous!
Manuela
You put everything together so beautifully...thanks for the tour.
And thanks for visiting my blog!
Pure eye candy!!! Love that color too. It is oh so pretty~
Oh what a pretty room I agree, I want to sit in it too!I like your stocking!
what a beautiful home you have!
I love the tassels and those alligator plates ROCK! I've never anything like that.
I loved that SOuthern Living room! I pulled it out of the magazine and put it in my "design ideas" file. That fabric was beautiful!
I went private and I don't have your email address to send you an invite. Email me at preppylizard@yahoo.com with your email address so I can add you to my list.
I love the tourquoise! It is a fabulous color to add to a room!
Thank you for the bloggie award! I have been with out a computer since Christmas Eve and have been trying to play catch-up!
I can't wait to see what project you come up with next. You have fabulous taste.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Jen
your mantle is just gorgeous~
Hi Sandy,
The turquoise is so pretty! I love the pics you shared with us!
Everything in your home looks great! My fiance just walked by an commented on how cool the chair covers are. I love those plates too!
I love all your turquoise decor. I especially love the dresser!
Just gorgeous!!! I am drooling!
Hi.
I absolutely love all of this! Turquoise is also a fave of mine. The chest is fab. Did you make your own stockings? They are beautiful!
Post a Comment