Wednesday, January 21, 2009

MARTHA, YOU GOOFED!

***Martha's boxes came from Michael's, they carry a lot of Martha's scrap booking products. Some of the photo boxes came from Save On Crafts. The silly letters are just stick ons from Michael's.
Some of the photo boxes came from Organize.com . Cigar boxes from hubby!



Martha, I bought 3 of your ribbon boxes, 4 photo boxes, 1 CD box and this great PAPER BOX below. Your paper box and the ribbon boxes are all 13 1/2 inches deep. Did you forget that most standard American cabinets are only 12 inches deep? I'm devastated since I can not use your lovely boxes to fill my cabinet space to the maximum.
I'll likely keep this paper box and use it some where else.
Well, once I accepted the fact that Martha's products would make me have to redo all 4 upper cabinets, I got to work. I took everything out and practically dumped all the junk in the kitchen. I forced myself to go through it all and finish this never ending project.
So, here are my 4 upper cabinets, completely redone, organized , and labeled. Martha's ribbon boxes stayed, but they are not as efficient as they could be.

I painted a few canvas and floral containers to stay with the aqua & black/white theme.


I love that everything is labeled, well almost everything is. Just a little more work.


Martha's ribbon boxes waste depth space.


I still need to label these great little cigars boxes (Thanks, hubby, for your addiction to cigars)
Still have a few more boxes to add or subtract as needed.


Now I need to conquer the 3 drawers and 1 double lower cabinet!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm totally impressed. I feel a closet redo coming on.

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,
I too am impressed with the inside of your cabinet! Wow!

NCJill said...

Love the organization! It looks fabulous.

Here is a silly question, but I am really clueless....how do you print off the funky-looking labels you have used to organize? I have a simple labeler, but it only does one kind and size of labels. I have seen all sorts of cool labels, but don't know how to do it. TIA!~

Angie said...

I love it!! So cute and so organized!! Where did you get the boxes??

Sandra said...

I found the exact same thing to be true about the paper boxes. But, I bought them anyway!! Oh well. . .

Nancy Rosalina said...

OMGSH, what I would give to have my stuff organized like yours! Very impressive! I will have to copy your ideas here... ;) Blessings, Nancy

ellie mae said...

Wow, its beautiful! I love boxes and how they makes everything look so clean and crisp. I love your title about Martha goofing! Too funny.
Your organizied cabinets are just wonderful!

Kathleen said...

Your boxes are fab! I wish I had the room (and the boxes) to do it!
Very nice!

Wendy said...

I'm totally jealous! I've had everything dragged out of my office / craft room for 2 weeks now. Instead of being hidden behind a door - it is now in the open in my dining room for all the world to see. I did this thinking it would motivate me - instead, it scared me! So much so I've barely accomplished anything, I'm embarrassed to say. But, YOU and your room have motivated me and given me hope it CAN BE DONE! I'm off to organize right now! Thank you! Your room is gorgeous!

Joanna said...

Looking at all your stuff all nice, neat and organized...I love it! I feel the need to have the same. Our little cabinet in our laundry room has all those things in there (the glue, nails, etc) but it's just thrown in. I am going to be having some fun with this organizing thing! Thanks for sharing...

Darlene said...

I stopped by from Joanna's blog and wow I LOVE it! You have the cabinet so organized. Looks fabulous!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Please, please, please come and do my house!

Linda Merrill said...

Hi there! I've been trying to get a hold of you to let you know that you won the Tracy Glover handblown glass lamp on my blog ::Surroundings::. Please contact me to arrange to receive your prize!

Unknown said...

It all looks so good and organized! You did a great job!

Tardevil said...

Your cabinets are gorgeous! I'm jealous! :O)

CMB said...

Very impressive...after seeing this I am not sure I can still consider myself organized! Where did you find the Martha ribbon boxes?

Girly Stuff said...

Where are all the boxes coming from? I need them.

It all looks great!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Wow! Lots of organization AND beauty goin' on here. I scrolled down a bit to take in all the inspiration.
Please forgive my tardiness in acknowledging your award. That is one of my greatest weaknesses in blogging. But I am very pleased to know you thought of me. Now, I must return often for your continuing inspiration.
Take care,
Mary Lou

Unknown said...

The closet looks great. I agree with you about the ribbon boxes. I bought one and wish I could take it back. Overall, you did a great job.

Unknown said...

The closet looks great. I agree with you about the ribbon boxes. I bought one and wish I could take it back. Overall, you did a great job.

Brittany said...

Looks great! Really puts my cabs to shame!

so tired said...

Very nice. Now you are going to have leave your cabinets open all of the time just to show off all your cool boxes!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My love of bins and all things contained is kicking into overdrive. It looks awesome.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My love of bins and all things contained is kicking into overdrive. It looks awesome.

The Mrs. said...

Looks so great! I am about to embark on a little organization project of my own (what else do I do at 7 1/2 months preggy!!!) I am saving this post!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I've never said this but the inside of your cabinets are GORG!!

Julie said...

I love that Martha blue color. You did a great job organizing! Sorry her measurements are a little off! Shocker! ;-)