Monday, April 13, 2009

Daughter’s room/Guest room makeover, Part II

bed 006

Finished my bed skirt. It’s full, fluffy, and ethereal. When the Pine Cone Hill dotted Swiss bed skirt comes, I may not like it. If it is not as Gathered and Full as the one I made, it will look funny. I will wait and see. I'm working on the little slip for this ladder-back chair. 2 more ruffle layers to go….ruffles are so time consuming and messy!!! But isn’t she lovely?

11 comments:

CMB said...

It is beautiful...your guests may never want to leave!

beth said...

That is so nice! Love it! :)

Judy said...

What a beautiful job you've done on the chair slip and bedskirt. I'm sitting here looking at material for curtains in my office and just can't work up the energy to start them, although it would be a quick job, nothing fancy.

I could not get the silk drapes for the dining room long enough so I bought a pair and plan on adding a wide band of contrasting fabric at the bottom but I don't know if I'm up to that task! You might need to give me some sewing lessons!

Hugs!
Judy

Unknown said...

It is so pretty. You made it, how wonderful!!! You are so talented.

Cynthia

Tara said...

How can I get a reservation for this room???

Sandra said...

This is gorgeous! Will you share how you made the chair slipcover? And yes, ruffles are so time consuming, but I love them. My grandmother's antique Singer machine had an attachment that did a miniature pleat if you will when it did ruffles. It was stunning. But, alas, it broke. That was a sad day here. I may not have done a ruffle since. xoxo

Girly Stuff said...

It looks so feminine!! I love both things!

CRICKET said...

Beautiful! What an inspiration for all of us..

Anonymous said...

You have done a fabulous job! The room is stunning. Now, if I could take the inspiration and get my own room finished!
Hope all is well,
Jennifer

Beth at Aunties said...

It looks so inviting. I too love lots of ruffles for girls. But, Ruffles can be messy...I ran the sewing needle over my right pointer finger and broke the needle off in the bone...then had to have surgery to get it out, making tons of ruffles once. Be careful.
The chair cover looks adorable too!

Maya said...

I wish I had the skills (or courage) to make my own bedskirt..., the ones in the stores are just a little too short for my bed..., I wouldn't even know where to begin. What a great job, it looks fabulous!