Friday, April 10, 2009

Daughter’s/Guest room makeover, Part I

I’ve been working on this redo for a couple weeks, yes, I’m slow.

I fell in love with Pine Cone Hill’s Louisa white duvet cover below. It is full of pin tucks and ruffles.

I bought the duvet and a small pillow.

ZoomImageFramer

 

I wanted to mix and match, like so much of Pine Cone Hill’s lovely bedding does. I bought the white dotted Swiss bed skirt and pillow shams. It is voile which is so pretty.

SwissDotVoileWhiteBSsq%5B1881%5D 

 

The bed skirt is an 18” drop, I needed 2-3 more inches from floor to bottom mattress.

I found white voile at Wal-Mart, super cheap and am making a bed skirt using a white fitted sheet. You might be able to see the purple magic marker line I drew on the sheet. That’s my sewing line

I’ll have a 21” drop bed skirt, then I'll layer the Pine Cone Hill one over it.

guest 012

 

Do I dare paint the bed? I’m really thinking I’d like to.

I’ve painted 2 other pieces of furniture in this room.

guest 013

12 comments:

Kelee Katillac said...

What color do you want to paint it, Sandy? It could take on a French Country or Shabby Chic attitude....
The Harlequin veneer is very nice!

Kelee Katillac said...

Sandl--sorry my glasses weren't previously on--oh aging!!!!

beth said...

That bedding is sooo pretty!! Love it! And absolutely paint the bed. I think it will look great! Especially a nice white, distressed with a little of the old color showing through. It would be so pretty and cottagy. I bet its gonna look lovely when you're done. Beth

Susie Q said...

It would be so pretty painted...and use a comb technique or something on the harlequins to give it a different texture...

And LOVE the voile bedskirt idea...I saw a great idea somewhere in blogland and I swore that I am going to steal it...I only have to have one on the sides as I have a headboard/footboard. I'm going to get a piece of 1/2" x 2" board and cut the fabric to a longer length, hem the underside and then gather it up (or maybe pleat it) and staple it to the wood, then I can tuck the wood between the box spring and wood frame...should work well.

Free Art Printables said...

PAINT IT! Love the bed linens!

Sandra said...

Gonna be gorgeous!!!

Paula@SweetPea said...

The bedding that you chose is so pretty! I like your idea of extending the bedskirt with a separate voile skirt. The bed would look very nice painted white. I have not seen a bed with a harlequin pattern like yours has. Very neat!

beth said...

I do love and cherish my husband very, very much. And he is such a good sport to let me post pictures of him just being himself.

Lazy Mom Amanda said...

Love the bed linens!!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

visiting from Nester......to say "Paint the bed, paint the bed, you know you want to!!" :)

Love the white bed linens. If it was my bed I'd paint it aqua, then white with a little aqua shabby showing through. YUM.

The Nester said...

Oh my! What a beautiful bed and lovely white linens! Decisions, decisions! Usually I am 100% "if you want to paint it then PAINT IT!" but this bed is SO beautiful with the harlequin pattern. My son has a pretty queen sleigh bed that I've been wanting to paint for years. I've never had the time and all the sudden I looked at it and thought, hmm, I like it un painted.

But, if you've been wanting to paint it for a long time or know you will never move and that is the room you want it to be in forever then follow your heart.

No matter what you do it's gonna look fantastic!

Susie Q said...

Can you do some instructions on how you make the bedskirt? I'm going to be doing one this summer and had thought doing it with a fitted sheet would be so much easier