I just found out from daughter that her hubby's good buddy....
Air Force Staff Sgt. Phillip Myers, of Hopewell, Va. was killed on April 4 in Afghanistan. Please read about Philip and his family here....he was the first publicly viewed soldier coming home in 18 years. This is so sad. I just can't begin to express my grief. Please pray for the family of Phillip Meyers. I don't know them yet I'm so connected to them.
Phillip and my SIL served together in Iraq in 2007. In 2009 they were in Afghanistan together, until NOW. They are forever bonded by their unique expertise and knowledge of their unusual jobs. They are EOD and that pretty much says it all.
To Phillip's widow and family....I'm so truly sorry. I will pray for you daily. I will thank you for the rest of my life for your sacrifices and for Phillip's ultimate sacrifice to our country and our people. Phillip will not be forgotten.
4 comments:
I will keep this family and your SIL in my prayers. Coming from a military family and experiencing loss first hand I know that we can not thank the men and women that serve our country enough. We should never take for granted that there are so many that pay the ultimate price to protect our freedom.
I'm sorry to hear this. I'll keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.
Praying for his family.
I have been hearing about this family for the past few days. I am so sorry. Will be praying for the family and friends of this brave young man. xoxo
Post a Comment