Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy thoughts

This is son and his beautiful girlfriend sitting on the steps of our Oxford condo the day of his graduation. He would probably scold me for posting this, but it gives me comfort to think of that happy day. Son is home here for a few days, BG is at her home in NC. Son is flying there to visit for a week. Daughter and son-in-law are likely on board the military medical plane that will bring them back to the States. First they stop at Andrews AFB, then another base overnight, then finally to their destination: the medical center at Lackland AFB. This link is a video of a medical plane that flies wounded warriors home. http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1407952648?bctid=1664436922

They should be leaving Germany around 3:30 pm local time. It will be a couple days before I hear from her and SIL.

Daughter will live at the Fisher House there at Lackland. They will be there in San Antonio for maybe a year during SIL's rehab.

Daughter had turned her blog, Southern Prep, off a few months ago. I hope she starts blogging again, I think it would be therapeutic for her.

***Yes ... daughter is on the military medical plane with her beloved husband. We are all anxiously awaiting news that they have landed in the United States.***



12 comments:

Made In The South said...

Oh my son hates me to take his picture. Your son and his girlfriend look so happy, I don't blame you for posting it.
Let your daughter know that blogland sends her husband well wishes. When they get settled PLEASE let me know their address. I would like to get family and friends to send them a words of encouragement.

nomo wino daph said...

What is it about boys and pictures?? i just told mine earlier to get ready for a shoot down by the bay...1 is willing (girl) and 1 not wiling (boy) HAHA

Beautiful picture!

Sending up many prayers for you ALL.
(((HUGS))) & Much Love- Daphne

Sandra said...

I hope you are finding some peace in this storm that your daughter and your family are experiencing. Happy times do help, don't they? I hope your daughter starts blogging again, too. Support from real life and blog life friends would help! Hugs to you!!!! xoxo

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

You have a very handsome son.
I hope your sil and daughter have a good journey home.
They are in my prayers..
take care..

Sandra said...

Thank you for sharing that video with us. Does your daughter fly on the same plane with her husband?

Jill said...

I have not had much time to read blogs the past week or so and am just now catching up and am so very sorry to hear about the accident. I will be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Princess Freckles said...

Your family is on my constant prayers. Everytime you pop into my mind and pray for you guys. I really hope your daughter starts blogging again soon! I think it might be really great for her!

Anonymous said...

Every time I sit down to visit my new found friends I see another one I would like to know. My heart and prayers go out to you. That storm the children overseas, God has sure held your family in the fire. I have read that "He holds you in the fire until He can see His face in you." I am feeling blessed to have found you.
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Im just catching up on all of your news. Bless y'alls heart. My prayers for all of you will be said. Take care~

CRICKET said...

That is a beautiful picture I can see why it makes you happy. Glad to hear your daughter and her husband are reunited and can be on this journey together. Sending good thought their way...

Joanna said...

What a great picture! I am praying for their safe travels and the road ahead.

Landlocked Mermaid said...

Oh My dear One. I am just catching up blogs. This is a nightmare come true. I know that your family will be strong and supportive now. You are all very close and very lucky to work through these times together. Your beautiful daughter is in my prayers as is the rest of your family. My heart is with you right now.. Please update us when you can.. We are here for you all xo