Thursday, May 21, 2009

What I accomplished yesterday and this morning

chair 002

I did pick up the 1/2 finished chair slips,

I love the tone-on-tone single BIG letter.

chair 001

But I didn’t do any sewing! Because….

MY BACKYARD IS A JUNGLE

jungle 009

It constantly needs trimming,

chair 011

pruning,

jungle 001

cleaning,

jungle 002

weeding,

chair 009

and more weeding. Every day I spend hours

chair 012

cherishing my purple elephant ears,

jungle 003

weeding still more,

jungle 008

sweeping,

jungle 007

mulching,

jungle 006

clipping palms,

chair 014

skimming leaves out of the pond,

chair 013

DE-ALGAEING, which doesn't always work,

jungle 005

feeding & watering the birds,

jungle 004

dodging the birds nesting here,

chair 008

spying buds & new flowers,

chair 009

appreciating the sweet delicate puffs of the MIMOSAS,

chair 006

spray painting,

chair 005

taking a break,

chair 010

listening to the waterfall and enjoying!

I DID MAKE MY RESERVATION TO DC TO SEE SON-IN-LAW & DAUGHTER!

22 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

Your yard is beautiful! It reminds me of pictures I've seen of Lilly Pulitzer's backyeard. I loce the lushness of it!

Sandra said...

Oh, but your hard is gorgeous. I'm not sure now that you would want to leave that to come to Tennessee to help me slipcover the sofa. - Oh wait - You never did agree to that, did you? ;-) oops!!

Thinking about you and yours!!! xoxo

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh I can tell you spend a lot of time working in this "jungle" you called it! It is beautiful!!!!! And well worth the time and HARD work it takes, I'm sure! Nancy

Maggie said...

Just checked in to your blog for the first time in ages and got caught up. SO sorry about your son-in-law's injuries. Prayers for you all. Please let us all know how he is progressing. Prayers ascending.

Sue said...

All your hard work is really paying off. Your yard is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

The yard is gorgeous. I am amazed at your chair covers. I have my great grandmother's linen tablecloth with the exact W on all four corners. I is too large to use and very, very worn. Prayers going your way.
QMM

Belle said...

OK, that is absolutely beautiful but you seriously need to hire a gardner! My goodness, what a lot of work you have to put into it. Everything is gorgeous...including the slip covers. Gorgeous.

Have a great day!
Belle

Lamp Tramp said...

Crazy, yet true, I do have a great an awesome man that mows and does lots of yard yard for me. He just spread tons and tons of mulch, trimmed all the shrubs in the front, etc. This handsome man has a degree in horticulture and guides me with the most awesome advice. I'll take some pictures of his beautiful work here in my front yard. He makes me life complete! Ha ha, or a little easier!

PINK POPPY said...

LOVE the chair slips! and LOVE your gardens.....I think between your home & your gardens....i would NEVER want to leave ....its all so gorgeous....that fluttery, ruffley chair you did a few weeks back was ADORABLE too!!!!

Jennifer said...

You yard is looking gorgeous! I am glad you have it to keep you busy and focused. The tropicals are just wonderful....so lush and green.
I have been so busy with end of school activities this last week that I haven't been able to check in on your son-in-law. I hope he is recovering. I have been praying for both your daughter and her hubby. I hope both are feeling comforted by everyone lifting them up.
xoxo,
Jennifer

June said...

Your yard looks like paradise, I love it!!! It does look like a lot of work though...
June

Landlocked Mermaid said...

thank you for your wonderful blog. I really love it. I know you mentioned that you are thinking of going private. If you do please invite me. Also you know that I live in DC. If I can be of any help to you or your daughter at this time please plesae don't hesitate to ask. email me and I would love to visit, take you out for a bit or just show you were to find a nice place to stay and eat xoxox pagranata@yahoo.com. I am praying for your family xoxo

Brittany said...

WOW! I am mesmerized by your beautiful yard! Beautiful slipcovers too. I hope your daughter and son in law are in a little bit higher spirits now that they are with each other. Still praying for them here.

beth said...

Your yard is so pretty! I'd never want to go inside. :) Enjoy your weekend. Beth.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see your lovely yard and know keeping busy working on it (and the slips etc) has raised your spirits. Your family continues to be in my prayers.
xoxo

Lady Law Dawg said...

I haven't read your blog in a while - just read this morning about David . . . I will keep y'all all in my prayers. Please include me if you decide to go private. Your daughter was an AOII at Ole Miss, right? I was an AOII at UGA. Give her my "Alpha Love & Roses!"

Hope to hear good news from you soon! I'll be thinking about you as we celebrate Memorial Day. . .

Stacey said...

Your yard work is similar to ours. So much to do and so much to enjoy!

Karin said...

Your yard looks great! I like your resolve and determination to move forward! I have been thinking non- stop about your son-in-law and especially your daughter. You mentioned that your son-in-law will be flown to Lackland, although I am pretty sure he will be taken straight to BAMC at Ft Sam to the Center for the Intrepid. It is a world class facility- he'll be in good hands. God speed to him and prayers to all of you for strength and courage.

Mommy Pastrami said...

Your yard looks beautiful and your home does also. I always admire your decorating talents. I hope your son-in-law is surviving his surgeries well. I cannot imagine what all of you are going through right now. I have always loved your blog, and if you go private I would love an invitation. E-mail is cweavercpa@comcast.net.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Your lush garden is amazing. I cannot imagine how much work it takes to keep it under control.
I hope you have some sweet neighbors to help you out while you will be gone. Gardening is a good release for tension and I am sure you need that now.

Charla

Timi said...

I think your yard looks beautiful. I would stop by for ice tea and NOT LEAVE!
Love the monogrammed covers too. I bet they look fabulous.

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

I am impressed, you have your own secret garden. Looks like a peaceful place to read or just realax. Love your plants.