Daughter is on route to Landstuhl, Germany, should arrive there early Saturday morning. She has to stop in Washington DC for a special passport. A good friend /Air Force buddy of her hubby is accompanying her for the entire trip.
We think son-in-law needs surgery #3 and maybe #4 before he can leave Germany. But we are not sure, it all depends on the healing process that we pray takes place. We are praying for him day and night. He and his family are constantly on my mind.
I'm so grateful for all your prayers and warm wishes. Daughter is also, your comments mean so much to her right now . She can read them at stolen moments, it has been a chaotic week. Husband and I are so proud of her, she has remained stoic and resolved, her only goal right now is to be with her husband. She has received amazing guidance and counseling from so many different sources there at Barksdale Air Force Base. She is prepared and knows her mission.
She might start a new blog about this unknown journey that they are embarking on. She is really a very private individual. I would rather she give ya'll the latest info, then me. So give her a shout out here on my blog and let her know you are interested. I think she could use some bloggy love right now. You remember her as TIE THE KNOT and then SOUTHERN PREP.
10 comments:
Your daughter is so brave...glad she has a military person to accompany her. I will continue my prayers for all of you.
I am so glad - as I know you are - that she is not alone. I know you are hurting with her, for her, with him, for him in the motherly way that we so love our children and anyone they love. Does your daughter have a blog? But I would love to read about her journey. And I think she would find our support and prayers helpful. And we are also thinking about you, dear friend. xoxo
God will help your family get through this. My own husband was in a terrible accident May 4th.
I hope your sil gets well soon.
I have heard they have excellent Doctor's in Germany.
Best of luck to him and you..
Your daughters strength is such an encouragement to us all. It is amazing how the strength of a young person can inspire many. I am praying for her, for her new hubby as they will have a rough road ahead of them, but I am sure by traveling together the journey will be a bit easier to make. I am also praying for you and your hubby as you guys will be her support.
Blessings and Comfort to you all,
Jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee
Hey, Southern Prep, we are all pulling for your husband. He is extemely lucky to have you as his wife. Please let us know if there is anything you need. Many of us are checking your Mom's blog several times a day for news. (I bet many of us also followed your blog and were with you as you were married)
Please know that ya'll are in our hearts and prayers!
The worry must be unbelievably painful. Thankfully she is on the way. I will be sending positive thoughts your way Southern Prep. Hang in there.
Mrs Southern Prep- I can't begin to imagine the journey you & your husband have ahead of you. From your Mothers blog sounds like your a strong "Soliders Wife". Military life can be the most difficult at times- but the MOST HONORABLE one ALL the Time!! Let those around you help & support you!! You are in my daily thoughts & prayers.
Wife of another solider- Cyndy
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the wonderful comments! I am sitting in my hotel room in DC, I just picked up my emergency issue passport and we are waiting to go to the airport. I am doing well, just glad to be reuniting with Dave soon! He is doing well also, they gave him an epidural this morning so he really cant feel a whole lot.
Thanks for the support!
My prayers are with you daughter for a safe journey. Thank goodness that she has some company while she is traveling. Please keep us informed.
June
It is so difficult to see your children in pain. Let me know her blog and I will leave her a prayer. Take care and know that all of your friends here care.
Charla
Post a Comment