Monday, May 11, 2009

Difficult words to write

We celebrated my son's graduation, my daughter's sister-in-law's as well. And my son's BG 's brother also, her family was there.. We had 3 families gathered for a joyous day. Son-in-law called from Afghanistan to send his best wishes.

He also called me on yesterday on my drive home from Oxford to wish me Happy Mother's Day.

Then he went out on a mission. He stepped on a land mine, a fellow comrade saved his life by applying a tourniquet to his left leg. He lost this leg, his right leg was severely broken, artery severed, broken wrist....I could go on.

I am at my daughter's now. You remember her as Southern Prep. She is waiting for the word to either fly to Landstuhl, Germany where he is being flown or to meet him at Walter Reed.

Life is so fragile.

***UPDATE****
He is undergoing another surgery right now, we don't know why or what. We are waiting to get more info.
My husband flew into Shreveport tonight, its good to have him here.

52 comments:

Fran said...

You are so right. I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family. I know your other blogland friends will do the same.

Fran

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I am so very sorry and all of you...especially your son-in-law will be in my prayers. Keep us posted on his progress.

Sandra said...

OH my gosh. I am sick for you and your family. So, so sorry. He will go to the top of my prayer list, along with you and yours. Hope you can feel our love and concern. Hope your daughter can feel it, too. Please try to keep us posted. xoxo

KLC said...

Oh my god, I will pray so hard for your family!!!

Jennifer said...

My heart breaks for you, for your beautiful daughter. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.
Hugs, Jennifer

Pam said...

OH My heart goes out to your family tonight. I am so thankful for these men and women that serve us so freely and give up so much. I will be praying for your family. I wish I could do more.
Pam in Arkansas

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,
I'm sorry to hear about this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Diane

southerninspiration said...

Oh my word...I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Suzanne

Wifer said...

Oh love my heart and prayers are with you and your family.

If you need us we will be there for you.

Sue said...

Bless your heart. I will pray for you and your family. Know that all your blog friends will be pulling for you all.
Hugs,
Sue

Girly Stuff said...

I am so sorry. I will pray for him and your daughter and you and your entire family.

beth said...

Oh, no. That is just terrible. My heart is breaking for you and your family. I will say a prayer for all of you right now. Beth.

RachelD said...

My first time to look in, so I'm not technically a friend, but I send your soldier and your family all my prayers and hopes for a safe and rapid recovery. I hope you family can feel the lift of all the good thoughts going out to you.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your son in law. You are in my prayers.

Keep us posted.

Cynthia

Paula@SweetPea said...

I am so sorry to read this. I hope that the doctors can save his other leg. I will be thinking about your entire family. Please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. I will remember him and your daughter in my prayers.

CMB said...

your family is in our prayers, please keep us posted as you can.

Deb said...

OMG! I am so, so sorry to hear about what your family is going through. Please tell your daughter that we will be praying for her and her husband as well as all of your family. May all be well with them.

Far From Perfect said...

I am so sorry for your family. I remember all the kind words you gave to me when Dr was depolyed. I wish I could do the same for you.... your in my prayers.

PLEASE- keep us posted!!! God Bless this young YOUNG couple.

KGD said...

That is heart wrenching to read. I used to read your daughter's blog and as a fellow newlywed, I can't even fathom the feelings she is experiencing. I will be praying for his recovery & for your entire family during this tough time.

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Belle said...

I don't know what to say. Lifting you all up to God right now. Send my love to your daughter. Thinking of you.

Much love,
Belle

Erica said...

Praying for you and your family...

nomo wino daph said...

OMGosh. I am so sorry to hear this. I actually sent you an email the other day.....wondering how you have been. I will def. be praying for you all.
(((HUGS))) sweet friend.
-Daphne

June said...

I am so sorry to hear about your SIL. My thoughts and prayers are with him, your daughter, you and the whole family. Please keep us posted on his progress.

June

Kim said...

I am so sorry. Life can change in an instant. You are in my prayers.

Brittany said...

So sorry to hear this. Please keep us posted and I am praying, praying, praying right now!

Joanna said...

I am so sorry to hear the news. I will be praying for him and your family during this time. Keep us posted.

WSU Laura said...

Life is very precious. I am so, so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

Will be thinking of you and your family!

CashmereLibrarian said...

I'm so sorry. May God bless your family in this trying time.

CRICKET said...

That is horrible news, I am so sorry for your family!

Angie said...

I am so so sorry, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care and please keep us posted.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear this! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!!!!!! Nancy

Unknown said...

Your family and especially your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers. It seems like it was just a couple of months ago that they were planning their wedding. Please keep us up on what is happening and let us know if you need anything. Lots of love your way.

Princess Freckles said...

My heart goes out to you and Southern Prep! As soon as I read the title of this post, I knew it was going to something with you sil. I'm SO sorry! He will in my constant prayers and so will all the family! I don't know what to say, other than we're all here, supporting you!

Howard House of 5 said...

My family will have you and yours in our prayers. God Bless

julie said...

I am crying for you right now...I will add him to my prayers...I'm so sorry for y'all...I hope your daughter knows there will be lots of us praying for her husband!!!

Sue said...

I hope every thing went well with the surgery. Please let Southern Prep know that we a praying for her sweet husband and that we so appreciate his service to our country.
Glad to hear that your hubbie is home to be with you.
Hugs,
Sue

The Major's Wife said...

If at Walter reed the Fisher House is great, My husband is Air Force and we visit WR often, Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I am so terribly sorry to hear this tragic news. Thank the Lord your SIL wasn't killed and you will have him back soon. You are all in my prayers.
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. As a military spouse, my heart just breaks for you and your daughter. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Ned said...

Praying for your SIL. Please thank him for his service to our country. Praying his other leg is saved.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oh I am so sorry, this is such tragic news. You're in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Sarah said...

I am so sorry for your daughter and your family, but am glad he is still alive and pray that he'll make as good a recovery as possible!! Hang in there!

Domestic Diva said...

I am so sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts & prayers. xxxx me

Melinda said...

My prayers are with your family.

Tell your daughter and son-in-law thank you for their service and sacrifice for our country.

Melinda

http://youknowjuststuff.blogspot.com

The Mrs. said...

I am so sorry. This just brings tears to my eyes. I hate this. Seems so unfair. What a hero. Please thank him for doing what most people are too afraid to do: defend our freedom.

The pleasures of homemaking said...

I'm so sorry to read this news! I will remember you all in my prayers!

Manuela

PINK POPPY said...

Can I just say that my heart goes out to you and your family. I had to reread this three times just to begin to believe it....i was just heartbroken that this happened...but so THANKFUL that he is alive. I just feel like i know you & your family through your blog & your daughters blog and its just a shock. Please know that you are in my thoughts & prayers and please keep us updated.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Oh my goodness!!! Oh I am so sorry to hear this! Your family is in my prayers.

Petunia said...

I am so sorry to hear about your son-in-law! I hope he knows that we are all very thankful for him and for all of the young men and women who risk their lives over there for all of us!
xoxo