Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Struggling

I'm not supposed post a negative post, but here is the reality.

My dear son-in-law needs to have surgeries every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the next 4 weeks. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays are his rest days.

Can you even begin to imagine this, considering he already has had 5 surgeries before he left Afghanistan and Germany?

His Mom is flying now to Walter Reed Washington DC. My daughter and son-in-law were left at Walter Reed, coming home from Germany, plans changed, as his condition and needs changed.

Hubby and I are going up to Water Reed when David's Mom leaves there. We plan to rotate all the family members going up there. Daughter needs our support and love as much as son-in-law does.

I may turn this blog off or go private. I have a small but wonderful loyal group of you that keep me going! I will always be grateful for your support, you know who you are.
Daughter does not want me to give out info on the WWW for all to see. This will likely be my last post for a while, a long time, or whenever.

Thanks for all of you that have kept in touch or commented. Your thoughts and prayers are ingrained in my memory. Forgive me for when I have not commented back. Shameless!

I feel so guilty for not doing so, it has been so chaotic in my life! I will to be better as time permits.
XOXO!

34 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Oh my goodness. Your poor son-in-law is going to have to endure so much to get through all of those surgeries. He must have a very tough body. I will be thinking about your entire family and hoping to hear good news from you.

The Nester said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son in law. And I'm so glad you have such a fantastic family and group of friends to see you through.

Girl, stop feeling any guilt, are you crazy? NO guilt for not commenting back! Ever! But especially now with all that is going on.

And there is no rule that says you cannot write a negative post. People obviously want to know what's going on with your SIL and family and your readers adore you!

LOVE to you and NO worries!

Anonymous said...

Jesus did enough. He died to take all the shame. Know in your heart we all share the need to share. I have just gotten to know you, but Lamp Lady and family will go on my daily prayer list.
Blessing
QMM

PINK POPPY said...

Not a day goes by that I do not think of you, Southern Prep & SIL since you first posted the news .....it still seems just so unbelievable that this has happened and your family is having to go through all of this.......its like I feel guilty that he is having to go through this horrendous time....and how much his life has & will be changed due to that split second. I can not tell you how heavy it has weighed on my heart since I read it. Even though I only know you through the blog....I truly feel like I know you more & it's like extended family & my heart just breaks for all of you...especially sweet SIL. Please dont feel guilty about blogging....just know that we are thinking about you & sending our thoughts, prayers & love your way....to give you strength through this very emotional time. We love you!!!

Sue said...

I've been up north for a few days so out of touch a bit. I can't imagine what your SIL and all of you are going through with all those upcoming surgeries. Prayers and love go out to all of you as you deal with all of this.
If you decide to go private please keep me in the loop. I think of you all so often during the day.
Hugs & love,
Sue

WSU Laura said...

There is no need to apologize, you need to do what is best for you and your family right now. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Petunia said...

I will keep your entire family in my prayers during this terribly difficult time. I know it is hard to blog when all you can think about is the harsh reality of what is going on. Sometimes I write out an entire post and then never publish it because I feel that no one wants to read anything negative. But, your post is very heartfelt and it is okay!

southerninspiration said...

Oh, dear, please keep us posted on how to pray. That is such a struggle to bear......I'm so sorry. But do NOT feel guilty for not commenting back. We are keeping ya'll in our prayers and hope and pray for the best for your son in law. We so appreciate what he has sacrificed for our country, and will continue to keep him in our prayers!

Suzanne

Sandra said...

Oh I am so, so, so sorry. Do not even worry about not commenting to us. Good grief. We don't even expect it!! We just want to be here for you. Feel free to express negativity or discouragement on here. We are glad to be your place to Vent!!! If you decide to go private, please invite me. But if you don't I totally understand. My email preppy101@bellsouth.net

If I can do anything, please let me know. I will continue to pray for you and yours. Love.

Joanna said...

Praying my hardest for him and your family right now.

We all understand you not being here and posting, and commenting.

praying, wishing and hoping for the best!

Angie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your son in law. I am praying for your whole family.

KLC said...

I will continue to pray for your beautiful family. I miss your daughter's blog. Please let us know before you go private so your faithful followers can continue to read! Xoxoxo

The Kramer Angle said...

I'm a military wife too and so I feel for your daughter and son-in-law and pray that he will receive the best care possible. America owes him nothing less.

Thank him for his sacrifice - and your dauther's - from all of us!

Free Art Printables said...

will say a prayer for you!

Unknown said...

I think about you guys all the time. I hope things settle down a bit. I know your daughter will be so glad to have you coming and going from the hospital. I wish I could do something to help. Please, please, please let us know if you need anything. I know how private your daughter needs to be and we all respect that. Just know that I am thinking of you constantly.

Girly Stuff said...

It is going to be OK. We will all keep praying for you guys. Especially SIL.

Read our blogs when you guys need brainless jibber jabber and don't ever comment. Our gift to you!

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog.
My husband was in a terrible fall 15 feet on concrete, and had 6 fractures and had to have a metal plate. It is slow and painful, but by the grace of god we are getting through this and he is getting stronger.
My heart goes out to you and your daughter and sil.
God will get you through this. I am so glad you and your family are going to be by her side. Family is everything in a time like this. Nothing else matters.
You all are in my prayers.. Hold fast dear friend. I am taking one day at a time and it is getting easier. That is all one can do.
Love, Cassie

Anonymous said...

We will miss you but family must come first. I will say a prayer for all of you.

Charla

Sarah said...

I am praying for you and your family. Thanks to your SIL for his amazing service to this country.

CMB said...

I don't see anything at all negative about this post...you are just worried and caring about a family member and needing to vent and we are all here to listen. There is no need to apologize for a lack of commenting, we understand how full your plate is and I myself have not been commenting much for far less important reasons. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...I grew up in a military family and still have close relatives serving, I am thankful everyday for those like your SIL who sacrifice so much for our freedom. Please keep us posted whenever you can and let us know if you decide to go private. Safe travels, I know you will be a source of comfort and strength for your daughter and SIL.

Coco

Far From Perfect said...

I had Dr read this today-he totally understands about the privacy thing. Do you remember when we stopped his blog?? From what I have read & seen your all strong people... been through a lot. God Bless this wonderful young solider & his brave wife... cyndy

The Mrs. said...

Oh my goodness. This is just so much to take. I cannot believe it. I am so sorry. I am here for you! PLease don;t lose touch!

Wifer said...

DO NOT WORRY about US. Focus on your family. Please don't forget to give us updates when you have time. Let this be your outlet.

Hugs and prayers

Unknown said...

Your son-in-law is so lucky to have you and your daughter. I completely understand wanting to turn off the blog and not give updates. I will be praying for your family and hope you will come back and give us some news but respect your decision if you don't. You will be missed.

As far as a negative post, we adore you and don't care. You take care of your family and we will be here with loving support for you and yours when you are ready.

In Christ,
Cynthia

Belle said...

Oh my sweet friend,
My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. My gratitude and sincere appreciation go out to the sacrifice your beautiful daughter and brave SIL have made. We will forever be grateful for the service he has given to our great country and the freedom he has so bravely fought for. As for you, know that we will always be here to be a diversion from the heartache your precious family is going through. Whatever your decision is concerning your blog we completely understand. You know how much I adore you! Go take care of your family and know we're always here to listen to joy, sadness, grief or even lamp shades! We love you.
Sincerely,
Belle

Anonymous said...

Dear Sandy,
First off,...I am so sorry to hear about the pain and suffering your family is going through at this time. Your family has gone through Katrina and survived and you will survive this too. Remember "Only the strongest of steel goes through the fire"!! Your deep faith in the Lord and your commited group of family,friends and blog followers will see you through the bumpy emotions you will experience over the next weeks and months. Never feel guilt about not responding to blog comments,...your focus is where it should be right now. We are all here to support each other in this world, not judge. You have given me (us) so much joy in your blog sharing your home, decorating ideas and family events that you are indeed like extended family.
God bless you and your whole family and I will continue to pray for you all. You will get through this. If you go private, please consider keping me in the loop via
cheryl.vw@sympatico.ca
Hugs and prayers,
Cheryl-Toronto

June said...

I totally understand your need for privacy at this difficult time. Please know that your son-in-law and your family are still in my prayers.
Take Care,
June

Jill said...

Ca't even imagine going through that...for your SIL and ALL of you. My thoughts and prayers continue for you all.

Kiely Cooks said...

I feel for you and your family. We're located in the DC area, so if we can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask. We are keeping everyone in our thoughts and prayers.

so tired said...

I'm just catching up on some of my fave bloggers....

I am so sorry to hear of your SIL's accident. I will say a prayer for his recovery and strength for your daughter. Such a beautiful couple...

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your beautiful daughter and her heroic husband. I have loved reading your blog and if you do decide to go private, I would love an invite; but I think we all certainly understand if you decide to close. njohnsondg@gmail.com

~DavisDetour~ said...

Just found your blog and wanted to wish and pray for your SIL, Daughter and rest of the family for the road of recovery ahead. I am thankful for the many men and women who serve our Counrty!

Mommy Pastrami said...

I have been out of town and just read your posts. I am so sorry for your son-in-law and your entire family. Words seem so inadequate right now. I will pray for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hoping and praying for the best. I love your blog and would be disappointed if you close........but I certainly understand if you do. I'd love an invite if you go private. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers always.
donna3t@rochester.rr.com