Sunday, July 26, 2009

Anichini thing becomes a pillow

I’ve had these 2 Anichini linen things for years, never really sure what to do with them. They were put away in a drawer, and I got an idea to use the smaller one.

This is a table runner, I think…

100_0174

100_0176

Here is the little creamy one

100_0170

100_0172

Cut a piece of canvas duck to match, stitched it up and…

100_0173

a new pillow!

100_0178

Sofa is done, moving on to more slipcovers

100_0180-1

13 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

You're so crafty! I love the slipcover look too! I want my next couch to have that style. So comfy, yet chic.

Fran said...

I love how you thought of the box.....I have been doing that a lot lately. No need to keep things in drawers when you could be using them in a different way.

Your slip covers look great! I am craving a white sofa now!

Frannycakes

Sandra said...

I.Love.It. Totally. Great Job!

PINK POPPY said...

This is such fun! Watching the transformation occur...right before our virtual eyes.......wu!hoo! :)
Many a time I have thought I would take some of my old Lilly garments & make them into throw pillows for my adirondack chairs...then I can never bring myself to do it~ such a chicken... LOL!
Looking forward to the slipcovered chair project......

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous pillow! It looks beautiful on your sofa. BTW- Love the slipcovers.

southerninspiration said...

WOW...what a fabulous idea! Love them!

suzanne

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Love it! Thanks for the suggestion of stenciling on the brown slipcover! I hadn't thought of that.

Manuela

Paula@SweetPea said...

That was a great idea to turn your runner into a pillow. It looks like the fabric is really soft. Great job on the slipcovers!

beth said...

Beautiful! Won't you come and do my sofas after you're done with yours? :)

Oliver's said...

I love love love this! Will you come to my house and help me with some slipcovers? Can't wait to see more. Paula

The Preppy Princess said...

This is a great idea Miss Lamp Tramp, and one we *never* could have come up with, but so perfect for the Anichini 'thing' you had!

Love the "next slipcover project" also shown in the photo!
tp

Unknown said...

Love the pillows. I think you have the best ideas.


Cynthia

edeenut said...

Very nice slipcover. I just did one for my couch and I love how the light color looks.