Friday, July 3, 2009

THANKS AND HAPPY 4TH OF JULY



Thank you so much, All Things Southern and Preppy and Preppy Princess! I'm just thrilled that I won this fantasitc, patriotic giveaway! The placemats and napkins are adorable and so fun!


They will be cherised for many years to come and always remind of this 4th of July spent at Walter Reed. Again, it is quite an experience just being here, I constantly pray for all the wounded warriors here and at other facilities. Being here certainly puts perspective in my life. I am so lucky that I can hop out of bed every morning, walk to the bathroom by myself, look in the mirror and see my unscarred face and body, then do whatever I want for the rest of the day, unassisted.

Today Liz and I are having a girlie day while hubby sits with David at the hospital. We are heading to a salon for manis/pedis and lunch with another wife of a wounded warrior, that Liz has become great friends with.

Wishing all a wonderful 4th of July, thanks to all our service men and women for their sacrifices and service so that we may all enjoy the freedom that we are so fortunate to have.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

God Bless Your Family! Prayers and thoughts are constant and continual for Liz and David and all those who love them! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Prayers every day for sure. Thanks for sharing this experience in your families life. Blessings
QMM

Preppy Lizard said...

Thank you for all that your son in law does for this country. Your daughter is such a strong person and I will continue to pray for Liz and David.
Happy 4th of July!!!

Jennifer said...

I hope you all are well. I know this has been a stressful time for you and your family. Please know that we are still praying for David and the rest of you guys. \
xo, Jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Congratulations on being the winner!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Thank you from the absolute bottom of my heart for your truly generous donation. I am beyond touched. Your comment actually made me teary. It's not everyday that someone finds my blog and enjoys it enough to not only back read (I had so much fun doing the CINCO DE MAYO WIENER OFF!) but to want to give such an awesome gift to my fundraiser.

I plan to spend time in the next few days reading all about your family. Not sure yet if someone in your family was injured or is working at Walter Reed but I plan to figure it out.

Plus, you said you were from New England??

I need to know more!!

Off to start reading.

Thanks again. I am humbled by your kindness.

Hallie