Monday, July 20, 2009

RED ROOM MAKEOVER, PART II

My little red room is slowly getting a total makeover. I actually started redoing this room last July, with paint. I decided a year ago that I needed to lighten everything in the house. I’m still working on it!

This room has always been an “EVERYTHING” room. I know, I know rooms should only have one purpose according to lots of HGTV shows. But in the real world, we have to MUTI-PURPOSE our rooms.

My last post showed some slipcover work, here’s a preview of other spots in this little room. I’ve taken a break from sewing to do some creative and fun projects…

100_0140

My redone office space. Made the Memo Board from a mirror, hunted done some more of hubby’s cigar boxes to store stuff. So glad hubby keeps me supplied with these little boxes, despite his nasty habit!

100_0135

Always wanted to make one, love how it turned out.

100_0134

There are a few more pieces of furniture that intend to paint in this room. Other then the material for the slipcovers, my only other expense might be a rug to go over the 8 X 10 red Chobi rug. Wish I could PAINT IT!

Hopefully red room makeover, part III will be soon, I have to clean up by this Friday when hubby comes home. He would be in shock if he saw what a mess the rest of the house is!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that room. You did a good job.
It is fun to move things around and sometimes get a new look without a lot of money spent. Blessings
QMM

Joanna said...

I love all that your doing to this room! I just love the memo board.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh I love this room! Love that memo board too!!! LOVE IT!

Come by and enter a book giveaway today or tomorrow or both..YAY!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day! Nancy

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's looking good! I know, our family room is our TV room, my husband's office, my craft area AND we have our workout equipment squished in there too! Definitely a multi-purpose room!

Manuela

Princess Freckles said...

Great memo board! I love the wedding picture too! :)

beth said...

That's looking really good! It feels nice to lighten things up a little, doesn't it? When we first moved into our house, I went with a dark green in the living room, now it's a light blue-grey, and I love it!! Light is good. :)

Kelee Katillac said...

Looks great so far! Love the board and cigar box keepers!

love, kelee

Kelee Katillac said...

Looks great so far! Love the board and cigar box keepers!

love, kelee

Jennifer said...

It's a gorgeous room! I really love all of the little things, especially the memo board. It looks so pretty. Using the cigar boxes is so creative! The lighter color is so plesant.

Hope you are having a good week,
Jennifer @ Fiddle Dee Dee

the Preppy Princess said...

Goodness-gracious-sake's-alive (as Gammy used to say), look what you have created! That is so fabulous Miss Lamp Tramp, you are welcome here *anytime*!

Congratulations on making such incredible progress. May the rest of your week be divine,
tp

Nancy Rosalina said...

OOOOOOH OOOOOH you need to stop by my blog....ther is something there for you!!!! Nancy

southerninspiration said...

Looks totally fabulous, my friend. And go check out Nancy's blog today...it's your lucky day!!! :)

Suzanne

southerninspiration said...

Oh, I also wanted to let you know the new SLaHOME catalogs are in, become effective on Aug. 1st.

suzanne

Samantha said...

Your memo board looks awesome. It could be in a magazine.

Sparkly Me said...

Love it!!