Tuesday, July 7, 2009

David is progressing….so many things are going on in his life, it overwhelms me. I pray that each and every day , he has the strength to push through.

We've been home since Sunday night, .... long day flying home from DC . ... got home about 8:00 pm ct. I had that feeling of sore throat, ear aches…starting last Thursday night. Our hotel room had 2 A/C settings…freezing cold when the fan was blowing , then stuffy, hot when blower was not on. I have been sick since with a cold/summer sinus infection. I hope tomorrow, Wednesday, I can be normal and get some things accomplished.

These pictures are from last Wednesday night, when the AT&T National golf tournament held this “BIRDIES FOR THE BRAVE” event at the Mologne House Courtyard....

100_0039

100_0042

Jim Furyk and lots of other PGA players were here for the this dinner event.

100_0041

Sadly, David missed meeting TIGER WOODS, Tiger visited WARD 57 on Tuesday, David was in SICU when Tiger went to Ward 57.

So here is our Miller dog, the doggie that that has not seen his real Mom & Dad since, hhmmm, February, for his Dad, then May 13 for his Mommie. We are giving him back and forth with David’s family, when we fly to DC Walter Reed to spend time with David and Liz. He looks so sad! But I think that is a WEINER DOG THING! He is so loved and cared for by his 2 sets of GRANDPARENTS…. *AND HIS AUNT JAMIE*. Jamie, David's sister, totally adores Miller and his come to his rescue many times... such as....when he had fleas, taking him to Pet Smart for a new toy, getting him new name tags, since he no longers lives is Shreveport, and snuggling with him when he needs some loving! He is totally spoiled and loved!

100_0056

10 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

I hope you feel better soon! Too bad David wasn't able to meet Tiger. Its such a nice thing for those "celebrities" to visit Ward 57. I'm sp glad to hear his surgery went pretty well.

southerninspiration said...

Yes, I recognize that sad, wiener doggie face. Any circumstances that make our doggie feel like he is NOT king, we get that sad face. I'm glad to hear from you and pray that David's recup. from surgery is speedy and complete.

Suzanne

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Think I've read enough to be caught up on who is what and where. I will add David to my prayer list.

If you ask me, Miller looks liek a totally normal wiener dog. Don't be too hard on yourself...wiener dogs are pros at the art of POOR ME!!

Hallie :)

Jennifer said...

How wonderful to hear David is improving! I know the road ahead is a long one, but it has to be much more bearable knowing that he has such marvelous and dedicated support. It seems you have a very spoiled puppy on hand. Our babies are always a bit more spoiled when they have been with the "grandparents". hehe Although I am sure he is ready to go home. =)

Take care of yourself. We are still praying for you all.
Hugs, Jennifer

Unknown said...

Sorry your sick. Maybe it's just your body needing some down time. I thought of David while I was watching Tiger Woods golf tournament.
I can imagine that David will have some rough days ahead dealing with everything. They are both so lucky to have you guys as parents to help them both out. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of all of you!

Jamie Flowers said...

Hey! He is loved by his aunt Jamie too!

Sandra said...

Glad to hear that you had a good trip. I know Liz must love having her mom and dad there. That has to give are a little rest.

Hope you feel better!!
email me your address, etc. and Preppy Princess will get your presents in the mail to you.
preppy101@bellsouth.net

xoxoxo

Paula@SweetPea said...

I hope that you feel better soon. Flying and a stay in a hotel can be hard on your body. I'm so glad that David is showing improvement.

Belle said...

I hope you can get some rest and start feeling better soon. Thought a lot about David, my father and all the soldiers this past 4th. They laid heavy on my heart. Miller is so lucky to have grandparents like you guys! And I agree with some of the other comments...my Sis has 2 dachsaunds(?) and they are quite the drama queens! I'm sure Miller is feeling very loved right now. :)
Much love and prayers,
Belle

Free Art Printables said...

I am so sorry he couldn't meet Tiger!