Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pricing MY $pace

Picture13-1-1-1-1

Make sure to check out the party here

I’m a little late to the party, but decided to try some pricing Nester style. This is is sure a lesson in reminiscing the years! Lots of things were brought many years ago,

survived Katrina, and are still well loved. The newer items cost a little more then the items they replaced. We felt fortunate just to be able to find furniture, had to go to Mobile for most of it.

100_0109

A Bought the entertainment online, $1200 plus shipping. It was a hubby compromise, as he wanted that way too big TV. I figured if I had to have it in living room, it needed to sit in something pleasing to me.

100_0094-1

That sweet little table was a $10 flea find many years ago. Had it refinished after Katrina. Leather Louis chair I got for $150 on sale at Bronstein’s in Mobile

100_0099

C My favorite chair, Drexel Heritage, $600….when Bronstein’s had a tent sale

100_0090

Letter D here if for the table, there’s a similar one on other side of sofa. These were steals at Hudson's salvage center about 24 years ago, both for $100. They are slightly Chippendale style, they need to be refinished as they have Katrina water damage on legs.

100_0093

E Hubby’s leather sofa came from Bronstein’s also, $1500.

100_0097

My favorite tufted chair. I paid $50 for it from a neighbor that was moving about 22 years ago. It is made by Drexel so it was a steal. I had it recovered before Katrina, then when all my 7 wing chairs were stolen, I pulled this back into house much to hubby’s dismay. It dried out fine, had it reupholstered, and looks great. Wished I had pulled all those other chairs in.

100_0089

G Had this chair made custom at a North Carolina factory that has since shut down, Hunt Galleries. I bought the silk material on sale for 3 chairs for about $100, this chair and the other 2, letter I, below, ran around $700 with freight.

H little table was $50

100_0088

My favorite chest, J, was $200 from a antique store many years ago. It wears the years well.

100_0092

Sorry for these 2 fuzzy pictures, all items on mantel were gifts.

th_100_0095-1

My Chinese rug was purchased 25 years ago, $1000, it too bears the scars of the years, coffee table was $200

th_100_0100

I didn’t price the lamps, pictures, etc. No way can I remember what most of them cost. And I still need to do my Lampapalooza post!

12 comments:

stephanie h said...

Very nice! It looks great!

Nancy Rosalina said...

What a beautiful room! Love all the leather! And, the entertainment center is beautiful! nancy

Ve said...

How neat that you've come back from Katrina with such a beautiful space. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi said...

I can't imagine what it must have been like to live thru Katrina! Kudos to you, your room is wonderful. I especially like your antique chest, letter J!
:)Heidi

Sandra said...

Thank goodness that some of your furniture was resilient like your family ;-) Makes you love those pieces all the more! xoxo

Free Art Printables said...

What great things! Love the chair!

Shari said...

Your home is beautiful, thanks for sharing your story! ~God Bless~

Far From Perfect said...

I love these pictures of your beautiful home...gives me an idea for a post!!

Anonymous said...

Nice room! Don't you just love husbands and their big t.v.'s. Ha! What part of New England are you from? Maine, here. Stuck in Texas, though.(Sorry, Texans)

Princess Freckles said...

Your home is soooo beautiful! I hope to one day have such a nice nest! Your taste is just perfection!

I look forward to an all lamp post! how fun!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I love all the fabrics you chose for your furniture.

Marie said...

Hello! Thank you for sharing your story - I am sorry you had to go through Katrina, but thankful you are okay. Your living room is absolutely beautiful! All of your furniture pieces are fabulous.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com