Monday, March 31, 2008

TODAY'S LUNCH

I love tomatoes, especially sweet grape and campari. I was so happy to find campari tomatoes at Walmart today. I hope they keep stocking them. Campari's are perfect if you want to make something that looks pretty, tastes great, healthy, and easy. I stuffed mine with roasted walnuts, goat cheese, and little feta. Such flavors....the tomatoes are so sweet and juicy, the stuffing was so savory and tart. I've made campari's stuffed with crab meat or chicken salad.

Great for a ladies lunch or as a side with a meal.






7 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Sandi, what time is lunch? That looks great. Hubby and I are starting a "serious" diet today since summer is fast approaching. I'm going to the beach for a girl's weekend the end of April and I don't want to buy a new (bigger) swimsuit (boo hoo).

I'm partial to the bunny pic too so Mr. Bunny wins out. Now if I can get the whole room cleared out and set up I'll be a happy camper.

I just got back from Wal Mart to buy more paint for more projects...I'm bad about not finishing the ones I'm working on before starting on new ones.

See ya - Judy

Anonymous said...

Looks absolutley delicious! Your setting adds just the perfect touch for an enjoyable lunch! I think I'm in the mood for tomatoes now.
Hope that you week is off to a fabulous start!
Jen

Southern Heart said...

That looks and sounds wonderful (I thought "ladies' lunch" when I was reading your description, too :).

Preppy Lizard said...

Looks delish! And I love your monogrammed napkins.

Made In The South said...

That looks so good , just returned from a cruise and that looks 100% better than what we had!! I want to have an luncheon for a few girlfriends and I will surely make this....MISSY

The Mrs. said...

What a great idea. Sounds so good!

so tired said...

Yum..... that looks great. I loooove goat cheese and feta!