Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SOUTHERN LIVING IDEA HOME

This was a great tour, I'm totally inspired. The home is in a development by Plein Air, that is a planned community with town square, shops, sidewalks. They are popping up all over the US.

I loved the old wood doors, all from New Orleans salvage... I took lots of pictures, not all came that good. The house had the dark french handles on all the old doors. I've wanted to replace my brass round doorknobs with dark french handles since 2003. So today I bought 8 new handles and installed them. Going back tomorrow for more! OH. Yeaa.... I'm on a roll....a design-inspired-gotta-have-it-I-want-it-roll.....Anyone else ever have that overwhelming feeling? More to come.

Yes, lots of great ideas....husband OK with all this since he is still not home, trusts my good taste!!!! Love ya, Hubby!


The outside of the home was beautiful with exquisite landscaping.



After seeing these plants above at the front door, I've been at Lowe's and 2 other nurseries trying to duplicate this beautiful look.




Love the front porch.






Above is the interior of the guest cottage, very small, a cot, an artist's table, a bath, and a kitchenette.

Outside of the guest cottage from the rear.


A lovely covered sitting area.

The downstairs back porch.




Upstairs, outside the Master Bedroom.




Sorry about the fuzzy picture, most of the interior pictures came out terrible. I tried to snap them so quickly as people were constantly walking around. I loved this bricked hallway to the outdoor porch.




Little girl's room closet.




The nursery.



In the kitchen. All appliances were Viking, a Mississippi made product. All the Southern Living tour homes try to incorporate and use as many local and/or state products as they can. Now I want Viking Appliances, They were awesome. Husband did not understand/comply with this comment/desire.


Oven and microwave.





The small and casual living room.


Living room.
I have lots more pictures of this community. It takes so long to upload, I'm trying to accomplish lots of fun things at my home...I'll show you soon....


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have those doorknobs... I love em' ... Thanks for taking us on that little tour. I would love to move there.. seems so cozy. Did you get your plants like the ones in the front of that house?... Loved that idea...May have to try it too... Its so hot here my plants look so sad... Susie H~

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! What a fabulous home to tour! I am sure you really enjoyed yourself. I really liked the front entry as well. Can't wait to see how you reproduce it for yourself!
Ok, so now I am willing to pack up and just move. Home improvements here are at a standstill between falling trees and the air conditioner shorting out and catching fire ( no real damage except to the checkbook as we had to replace the WHOLE unit).

Decor To Adore said...

What a great house!

As per your request I will be featuring a post on British Colonial tomorrow.

Laura

www.decortoadore.blogspot.com

Far From Perfect said...

What a beautiful home. My bedroom is a blank canvas-I am in need of something to insire me. Was going to do this while Dr was gone-didn't happen.

Belle said...

What a dream house! I love the front porch and the kitchen. My kitchen was redone 5yrs ago and is already sooooo outdated. I loved the brick floor in the picture. We bricked the floor in our foyer (it's a small octagan shaped room with three doors leading into various parts of the house) but that's as far as I've got. I can't decide on anything else for it. I can't wait to see more pics!

Fifi Flowers said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your home... let me know when you're ready for a home painting!
Fifi

3gand1b said...

I want to thank you for sending Etiquettely Correct the program from your daughter's wedding. So very thoughtful ...our son is a Sigma Nu also!

Far From Perfect said...

where are you?????

Michelle said...

I love SL Idea Houses! When I was in college (the 1st time) I had the pleasure to be interning under a designer that was doing the 1st floor of an Idea House...that was a very fun adventure.

Pam said...

Welcome back. I just heard you were back. I missed you!
Love the home tour.