Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas in the Living Room


  1. My tree is up. Only put up one tree now as oppossed to the three that I put up for many years. When we repainted everything after Katrina, I just had to buy new decorations for the living room so the colors would blend. The watercolor of the pelicans is an original Kathe Calhoun , a local artist from our area. It was a present to me from my best friends. They: he, she, and 9 year old son, lived with us at my MIL's following Katrina for 3 months. Their home was "slabbed". Katrina-speak for a home that was completly gone, except for the slab. All of us cramped in an 1800 SQ FT home, gloriously happy the we did not have to be in a FEMA trailers. I love this picture.


So I had to use golds, coopers, and a hint of the turquoise from the pelican picture. Love the purple in the watercolor, but didn't want to use the purple on the tree. Feared it would look to Mardi Gras -ish.














I do love to wrap presents.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I want that picture!!!

__ said...

the tree is gorgeous! and the presents!!! absolutely beautiful!!

workinthatpreppy said...

just lovely...

Belle said...

Everything looks so beautiful! Makes me miss home...

-Belle Abroad

Suburban prep said...

What a beautiful Christmas scene.