Friday, December 21, 2007

Trying out a couple "Giada" recipes

I was a Walmart at 6:30 AM this morning to pick up few groceries on my list. I hate crowded stores, so I go early. Then my sweet friend who is an awesome hair stylist gave me an early appointment so I could get back home to cook. She colored my hair and painted my toes Christmas red. Yes, still in sandals, supposed to be in the 70's today.

Back home and am experimenting with Giada's asparagus wrapped in prosciutto recipe. Want to have this at my party sunday night but have heard that prosciutto can overwhelm the asparagus with it's saltiness.

There is certain brand of prosciutto that is not as salty, can't remember what it is and couldn't get here anyways. So I researched other recipes. Here is my own version. I roasted the asparagus, drizzled with a little olive oil for 8 minutes at 400 degrees. I cut really small ribbons of prosciutto. Put a little dab of softened cream cheese on either side of the stalk, then wrapped the little prosciutto ribbon around. The cream cheese helps to take the "bite" out of the prosciutto. I ate a couple without the cream cheese, definitely liked them better with the cream cheese. So that will be one of my last minute things to fix before the party starts. They are served at room temperature and were quick to assemble. Got to snap the asparagus off evenly. The above look too different.

3 comments:

Liz said...

yum!

Judy said...

Well, girl you're way ahead of me on this receipe! I'm trying out Rhoda's (at Southern Hospitality) hot artichoke dip for family get together tomorrow and peppermint bark, not too exciting but easy. On the blog thing, I think they unilaterally decide to change things up because I've seen on other people's blogs that strange things happen. I got mine fixed and I hope it doesn't happen again until I figure out what I'm really doing. Have a great Saturday - Judy

kari and kijsa said...

Looks and sounds delicious! Hope your party is a smashing success!! Merry Christmas blessings,
kari & kijsa