Son has finished his finals for this first semester of his Junior year at Ole Miss. Ole Miss has so much time off between semesters, that he needs different things to occupy all 6 weeks. In the past years, he has taken a "winter-session class" or two. Unfortunately , in his freshman year, 2005, we made him work along side with us cleaning up Katrina devastation. I fear he is still afraid to come home for too long, those bad memories still linger.
This year, there is nothing offered, course-wise that he needs, being a junior. Last year, he asked that his Christmas gift be a ski trip to Alta, Utah where a former roommate/fraternity brother was staying. So that took up 2 weeks.
So, this year he is going to University of South Carolina to see one of his best friends. They attended and graduated from St. Stanislaus College Prep. Son went there from 7th grade through 12th grade. What a wonderful school.
This friend has one final next week, then they go to his family's home, Estherville Plantation, which is just outside of Charleston, South Carolina. There is so much to do there . Sounds like fun, can I come too?
3 comments:
Here is my email address -sjcouncil@verizon.net
I have enjoyed reading your blog! I just had to respond because I lived for a long time in Georgetown, SC. I was excited that I probably know the friend, or at least his family. And they are a very nice family.
Fran
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your comment.....
If you don't mind, send me your email address....I will give you the lowdown on how I got to Maine...My email address is fjnla@aol.com
Thanks...I just didn't want everything I said to be put in the comments for everyone to see, not that it is anything so exciting, but....
Fran
Post a Comment