Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun and Fabulous Furry Pet Show


I'm entering Miller, my grand-dog-son in this adorable contest on My Crafty Little Page. I'm supposed to be packing, cleaning house, going down my check list to leave, but yet, once again, I'll find any excuse to put off packing.













I babysat Miller for 2 weeks while kids honeymooned. Now he's gone back home and once again, I've got the "empty-nest" blues. I got used to his "race-tracking" around my house, despite the tiny claw marks on my wood floors, every time he put his brakes on, picking up poop, his indecision to go in or out of house, his jumping up on our laps because he really thinks he is a baby, his doggy hair everywhere, and his slurping water.

Miller was named after a fallen EOD comrade and friend of my new son-in-law. He lost his life in Iraq.

He really is a sweetheart and can make one melt. He won my husband over months ago, when husband first met him. Every night husband and I took Miller for ride in the golf cart. He loved sitting between the two of us thinking he is person. I MISS YOU MILLER!


In loving momory of Daniel B. Miller, Jr

01/07/07

775th Civil Engineer Squadronn

7 comments:

Belle said...

I love that you entered Miller! I teared up reading about him, his namesake and having to let him go back home. I know we must sound like a bunch of idiots going on and on about our animals, but I love them all!

Have a great trip!

Nancy said...

Aww - I'm tearing up, too. What an honor to be named after a fallen hero. He's such a pretty boy and I'm sure he misses Nana and PaPa, too. So glad you and Miller entered the Pet Show - his parents are going to be so PROUD!!! Nancy and Lilly

Liz said...

That is the funniest picture of him!

Anonymous said...

Miller is quite a cutie. I love that sweet face.

Sue said...

Hi,
I have been away and not around to visit much. Did I thank you for the award? If not thank you so much for your kind words, you are so kind.
My heart is breaking for your news about your new SIL's orders. Please pass along my family and my appreciation for his service and sacrifice to protect our freedom. And give that gorgeous daughter of yours a big hug from us too, such a sacrifice that the families of these young men are making too.
My husband and I are Freedom Riders. We participate in Harley/Davidson motorcycle rides to raise money for the families of the Soldiers that are stationed out of Selfridge Multi Military base near our home. We interact with many of the Military Men and have so much respect for their service.
God Bless America, you, and your family.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

I think Miller is one handsom lookin' fur baby....Too cute... have you given any thought to getting one of your own?.... I think it would be one spoiled little baby.... Susie H~

Anonymous said...

Awe he's cute! I love dachshunds. I have a dachshund/chihuahua mix - Lucy. She is a handful.

Brandee :-)