Saturday, July 5, 2008

Watermelon, Mache, and Pecan Salad

We had the usual hamburgers and potato salad last night for 6 guests. But the hit was this watermelon salad I tried from Southern Living. It was delicious and light, not a drop was left. I obviously couldn't find Mache so I used organic Bibb lettuce. 3/4 C chopped pecans
5 C seeded and cubed watermelon
1 6 oz package mache or bibb lettuce
Red Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
1/2 C crumbled Gorgonzola cheese

Toast pecan for 5-7 min
Make Red Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette:
1/4 C rice wine vinegar
3 T lime juice
1/2 C Red Pepper Jelly
1/4 C olive oil
Whisk all ingredients

Combine watermelon, lettuce and vinaigrette in large bowl. Toss to coat.
Transfer lettuce and watermelon on large platter,
Sprinkle on Gorgonzola and toasted pecans.

I also tried the Green Bean, Grape, and Pasta Toss from the same Southern Living article a few days ago. It was wonderful also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

14 cups of vinegar?!?!? that must be a typo....