This new shade is Sherwin Williams Celery SW 6421. The new color that I've chosen to replace the Dromedary Camel (a lovely dark, rich gold color) is SW 6113 Interactive Cream. It is still in the gold family but about 4 values lighter.
Banished are the gold dupioni silk drapes....I'm studying up on ever so slight touches of British Colonial influences that I can add. One of my ideas to infuse the tropical British Colonial into the living room and dinning room is sewing white linen slipcovers for a few chairs. More on that later.

In picture below, you can see the older, darker shade of green in the entry hall that I've loved for years.
Below are a few of the samples I've collected so far for either new "mistreatments" as Nester would say, seat cushions or dining chair slip covers. I've got a bolt of white linen material, trying to decide where to use it.

8 comments:
Every thing looks beautiful, so light and bright. I love your fabric selections and would love to know the manfacturer of the pink and white tiole fabric.
Hugs,
Sue
Looks beautiful! I love the idea of slipcovers in the white linen fabric for a couple of your chairs.
Your daughter's wedding looked gorgeous - she is beautiful. Since I'm getting married myself in November, I love to see as many "real" weddings as I can. Her wedding was really creative with the nautical theme running through it - very original!
I think it looks amazing! Love those lamps!!!!
I love those colors... I cant wait to see the chairs you were talking about. Your house looks so crisp and clean.. I just love it! Ps... your tassels are in the mail! Thanks Susie H~
It really looks beautiful! Love it! I also love the color in the entry hall.
I'm so glad you're back. Even if for the time being. :)
Have a great 4th!
To answer the comment on my blog: Yes its a year round 3 year program for part time students. I am done at the end of this month until September. I am counting down the days!
LOVE the lamps and the paint selection. Come live with me please:-)
Isn't it funny how we love something so much and then bam! we want a complete change? I am in the process of doing some changes myself. I think the office and sunroom are my next victims...I get my best ideas late at night when I can't sleep. I'm hoping I have my next two "big" paint projects done by Christmas!
The mirror over your little table? I have that same one in my bedroom!
Well, now it looks like we might not be in Biloxi that weekend I talked to you about. Looks like I will be going to the beach after all. My best friend and I always have a "girlfriend" weekend and that is the only one available until football season (Auburn) so unless I go then, we won't get to go otherwise. Decisions, decisions....
I'm dying for white linen slipcovers for my dining room chairs...the seats only. You're making yours? Do you have a pattern? You are soooo smart...I've got to find an upholster to do mine cause the lady I was using in Thorsby is no longer doing recovering.
XOXO
Judy
OHHHHHH what fun! You have simply delicious taste!!! Can't wait to see the makeovers!!!!! :)
Post a Comment