Our beloved new son-in-law just got his orders. He leaves for Afghanistan on December 21, 2008. We all knew it was coming, but yet...we don't want it to happen.
If you read my blog, hate my blog, love my blog, or if you are just curious lurker....please do me favor...
Send some good wishes, happy thoughts to my kids....it would be so appreciated! They would love to know that their sacrifices are appreciated! Thanks!
15 comments:
I'm so sad for David & Liz. I will keep them in my thoughts. Thanks so much for sending me that stuff - I really appreciate it.
you would think I would know what to say, I'm bummed. My solider may be returning also,in 180 days. He is too old?? Right?
I don't know what to say, but I thank him for his service to our country, and your family for the sacrifice of time with him while he serves our country.
My heart sank when I read those words... I can only imagine how your sweet daughter feels. Its just not fair with them being so newly married.. I will send them my well wishes... and thank you for your sweet order, again1 Smiles, Susie H~
I'm new to your blog via Miss Harris.
When I saw your *catchy blog name* I just had to come by to give you a*Sweet* peek about my giveaway coming up!!!It fits you perfectly!
I Know how heavy your heart must feel with the deployment news.Please now how proud We are to have this young man serve for all Americans! My family members have served in many capacity's of military service.My brother in law has just retired after 29 years in the Army. A moment will turn into an hour an hour will turn into a week...and before you know it he'll be home to your loving arms...God Bless You.
I added your daughter's blog to my google reader. What a sad day for your family to have to anticipate. It really has an impact when our kids are at the age where they can be affected by all of this.
I left you something on my blog.
I'm so, so sorry. Breaks my heart for all of you especially beautiful Liz. Thank-you so much for the sacrifice he and your family are making for us. We're so proud of him!!!
~Belle
My prayers go out to you and your family on this sad day. Please know how much I appreciate the service your son-in-law is providing to protect those of us in North America. My cousin Sean has served Canada in two tours of duty in Afghanistan..we are blessed to have him back with us here in Canada.
You should be very proud.
Blessings,
Cheryl-Toronto
It breaks my heart for all of you, especailly your beautiful daughter. But please, do tell your son-in-law "thank you". As the wife of a former Navyman, I fully understand the sacrifice that he is making. He IS appreciated!
Hugs and blessings to you all,
Jen
My daughter is etiquettely correct and just read about your daughter and son-in-law..they will be in our prayers...as I wrote your daughter..God Bless America and the men and women that protect us.
I stopped by to say hi. Love your earlier post with the buffett.You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers; and I hope the time goes by quickly and safely.He is doing a great thing for us and it is very appreciated. Jen R
As a wife of a retired career A.F. man it never gets any easier but I pray that God will put a wing of protection around him and your family.
Laura at
decortoadore.blogspot.com
I will keep him in my prayers. My best to your family.
Who could hate your blog! Can't they just feel how wonderful you are like I can!!!?? I am so sorry to hear about this. I know it's so scary. I will pray for sure!
Oh, gosh. I'm just now reading this. I'm so sorry for your daughter. I was a six-week newlywed at Barksdale when my husband was told to pack his bag and stand by during Desert Storm. I was horrified. I remember keeping the tv tuned to CNN 24/7 until my parents made me come home.
Here we are so many years later and my husband is in Iraq. Again. :(
Tell your daughter to consider joining the Junior League there. I think she would love it and it would keep her busy.
I am praying for your son and all the soldiers overseas. I hope they all can come home soon.
Karin
Post a Comment