Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2009 projects

I just finally finished putting away Christmas, caught up with laundry, helped son with his move home, and got house back in order after all our Christmas festivities. I’ve been thinking about my 2009 projects and how they creep into the next year, crying out for completion. “Doing it myself’ is a slow process but worthwhile! I actually started this White & Light makeover in 2008, and I’m still not finished. Life still has to be lived during makeovers and our life in 2009 was turned upside down. I made 2 trips to Shreveport and 6 trips to DC that put many projects on hold. Looking back, despite the many unexpected trips and anguish for David and Liz, I did accomplish a few projects. And I’m fired up for 2010 to really get WHITE, LIGHT and FINISISHED! maybe!

DINING ROOM MAKEOVER

I started in 2008 painting the dining room a pale green, didn’t like it and found Palladian Blue for the walls. I still like this color.

DSCN0783

Started the slipcovers in white linen. See the big hutch? Just changed this out yesterday, I’ll post later.

DSCN0784

Made over the existing chandelier in this post.

010_thumb[6]

Finished the 6 linen monogrammed slipcovers.

100_0399

My study/everything room makeover post

sewed slpcover for this sofa

100_0763

The Ruffle Love chair

100_0761

100_0759

Daughter’s room post

The Trumeau mirror

the ruffle chair post

014_thumb1

the linen/wire planter table post

Made these 2 white linen slipcovers.

100_0345

Started makeover on son’s room. More on this to come. I’m ready to start my 2010 projects now!

10 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

You completed some great projects inn 2009! I can't wait to see what else you plan to do!

I was in FL for the last few weeks, and am now just catching up on blogs. Looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Liz's ring is just so beautiful, and I'm so happy she and David were with you to celebrate! Reading your post about his homecoming and the Patroit Guard Riders there to support you all brought fresh tears to my eyes. I'm so happy he was welcomed with the proper respect he deserves! What brave children you have! You all are in my continued thoughts and prayers. I hope 2010 brings many blessings.

Anonymous said...

You did do well on your projects, in spite of all the trauma. You are sure a family to be honored for your faith and strength. Those kids are so precious to us all. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. I continue to pray for you all.
QMM

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh. When I look at all you accomplished I feel like a total slackard. i've got to get busy this year so I can do a 2010 post next year! Everything you did turned out so beautifully! xoxo

beth said...

I painted my living room a dark sage green when we moved into our house, didn't like it very much, so I painted it a pale green. I hated that, too. Then I painted it a pale blue. LOVE it! Green is so hard to get right!

I love your White and Light makeover. Your white slipcovers are so beautiful,and the light colors in your home are lovely! Can't wait to see what you do in 2010!

Beth. :)

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Hello~ I love your story of how you became the lamp tramp.

Thanks for saying Hello to me on my blog.I am holding a giveaway if you follow my blog, ends Jan 20th.could be something White!

I have a sage green and blue going on right now in my home, though we plan to move soon so I am collecting all my white items now.I love color but there is just something about an all white rustic room. It's just McDreamy......

I like what you have done with your white on white.I love slipcovers and ruffled ones Wow! I want some.I will check back to see what your up to.Chow 4 now~Kim

Blue Creek Home said...

What fun to see all of your fabulous projects on the same page!!!

Those slipcovers with the tiny pleated trim are gorgeous!!!!

Lookin' forward to seeing what you create this year!

Rhonda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those are great makeovers! Even though I go for a more vibrant color palette, I love your aqua, grays and whites. Really beautiful!

Manuela

Paula@SweetPea said...

You are so talented. Way to go on your productive 2009!

PINK POPPY said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE all your yummy projects. They are all devine.I think the ruffled chair, the monogrammed slipcovers and the slipcovers with the buttons down the back...may all be tied for my fav with all the others....a close runner up. I wish I had an ounce of your talent.....just AMAZING.

Shaunna said...

ok, i know I'm behind, but I LOVE YOUR SLIPCOVERS!! I want to slipcover everything! Are your walls in the living room a tan/taupe/beige color? Just curious--mine are and (i want white but hubby won't budge) just wondered if they were--whatever...room looks gorgeous!