Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy weekend of yard work

Our weather has been beautiful! Things are budding and getting green. And our azaleas are just starting to bloom. I've mowed to pick up the last of the water oak leaves, spread 10 bags of cowmaure to top dress ruts in yard, planted 3 new plants...

and enjoyed my koi.




Cinderalla is the white one....she is very greedy. George is orange. Greybeard and Sharkey are difficult to see as they are so dark.


I love my yard again. It's finally under control since all the Katrina damage. In the Spring, my yard makes me happy to be alive!






8 comments:

Judy said...

I LOVE your banner (a/k/a makeover). It's so you!!! Do you think you can hire out and come do some yard work for me? I just look at the back and go back inside. I just got back from taking my mom out for a little afternoon ride (so gorgous outside) and the grocery store. We stopped at Arby's for a "snack" and sat outside in the sun. She's 87 and really enjoys getting out and about.
Have a wonderful week - Judy

Made In The South said...

I love your pond, looks so peaceful. THANK YOU for the great laugh (which I needed) about your frog problem, I know it is not funny to you and is certainly a problem, but I think it is so funny, I could not stop laughing. LOL ...BEE HAPPY, MISSY

PINK POPPY said...

The Lamp Tramp banner is too cute~ and so is your Koi pond!!!!!! :) I bet it is beautiful in the summertime! Thanks for sharing...spring is certainly on its way! :)

Preppy Lizard said...

Wow you have been busy! It's still doom and gloom here. I am so longing for Spring. This will be the first spring I have had in this house so I can not wait to see what surprises the gardens have.
I love your Koi pond...so beautiful and peaceful!

so tired said...

I'm jealous your flowers are a bloomin'... It's raining here and cold.... ho, hum.

Belle said...

That's fantastic!

Jennifer said...

Your Koi pond is just gorgeous! This is my favorite element to have in a yard. Isn't it so exciting to see spring right upon us? It is shaping up to be a beautiful week here. If the yard ever dries out, I have a few things to do myself!
Have a fabulous week,
Jen

Kim said...

I so need to get busy on outside work. We only have a warm day here and there, we're not quite to real spring yet.

Your pond looks beautiful!