Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I LOVE SPRING BUT ....UUGGHH!

I have been down and out with a bad sinus infection due to all the pollen we have.
One of Mother Nature's cruel tricks.

This is the prettiest time of the year...everything is blooming. And I have pollen overload. I want to be outside so badly but the pollen justs fills the eyes, lips, and lungs. It burns so much.


Spent 2 days in bed with chills and fever. Now I have constant cough, sneezing and blowing. I hope to be better tomorrow and accomplish something. Hope you have good weather but not horrible pollen. I still love Spring, despite all this.


8 comments:

so tired said...

Have you ever used a "Neti Pot"???

I have not but I hear that they work wonders for allergy sufferers. I'm thinking they might just help anybody rinse out germy stuff.

Lamp Tramp said...

Tell me,,,what is a Neti Pot? I'll try anything to stop sneezing, blowing, and coughing! Help!

so tired said...

Google "Neti Pot" and you will get a lot of sources.

Basically it's this little gravy boat looking thing that you fill with warm water and a salt solution. You tilt your head and pour the water up one nostril and the stream comes out the other nostril. Then you switch sides.

Here is a video that shows how it works. They say it does work....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzK9Gn4E_Eg

Belle said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

Preppy Lizard said...

I love the Neti Pot! It is gross and kind of scary to use the first time but I swear it works wonders for me! I bought mine at Walgreens so you should be able to pick one up at any local drugstore.

I hope you start to feel better soon so you can get out there and enjoy all the beautiful things blooming!

PINK POPPY said...

Awwww sorry to hear that your under the weather (pollen) Hoping that you are feeling better soon. I have used the neti pot too....and I truly think that it made my sinus infection go bye~byes...it's very weird & sort of gross. (I commonly refer to it as the "freek show") it's just a bit uncomfortable. and the only other downfall I had was...
I did it right before bed- and in the morning I blew my nose & ended up with a nose bleed...(which I never get!) (I only used half a packet of the saline solution too) so maybe start out with a 1/4 perhaps...good luck if you try it!(cvs's carry it too) :)

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! I know you are anxious to get out and enjoy this weather.

On another note, for some personal reasons, I have had to move my blog and change the title. I am on wordpress now. Here is the link:
http://mrsjones6.wordpress.com
I was able to import all of my posts, but had to make a few minor changes. I hope that you will continue to stop by!

Hope you are back to your healthy self in time for the weekend,
Jen

Kim said...

My eyes are itchy, but so far so good.

DOTR has terrible sinus problems. Instead of the neti pot, his ENT told him to buy saline solution in the squeeze bottle and use it in the shower every morning. Not quite so "icky" and very low maintenance. Seems to work so far.

The good thing is now we can get a lot of the good allergy drugs OTC. First claritin, now zyrtec. I saw it at Walmart yesterday.

Hope you're feeling better soon.